Hello! My name is Fiona! I live in Okayama, Japan where I work as an English language teacher. I was born in the UK and lived there for nine years until my family moved to Australia.
Some things about me...
- I'm a qualified English language teacher and teaching is my passion! I'm also currently studying a Master's degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
- I have taught English to students from Japan, China, Spain, Brazil, Greece, Italy...
- My youngest student is aged three years, and my oldest... 79 years old!
- My hobbies include reading, swimming, cycling and playing with my miniature dachshund, Miya.
- I have lived in three countries, and travelled to seven. I hope I can travel to many more in the future!
I'm here to help you achieve your goals in English, whatever they are. If you want to study for an exam, I can help you. If you want to practice English conversation, talk with me. If you want to relax and watch movies in Enlgish, let's find some good ones!
- Why are you studying English?
- What are the goals you want to achieve in English?
- What motivates you to study English?
It's important for me to get to know my students well. Help me to learn things about you so I can create more interesting lessons for you!
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Do you play any sports?
- What music do you enjoy listening to?
Please don't hesitate to book a lesson with me! I'd love to get to know you! Here's a few quick things about my teaching style...
- To help you improve your listening skills, I teach English speaking only English, and provide only authentic materials.
- I'm still learning Japanese! Although I can generally understand spoken Japanese, it is preferred we try to use only English throughout the lesson.
- I'll always give you feedback on improvements, pronunciation corrections, new vocabulary, etc.
- As a teacher I strive to decrease my talking time, and increase yours. Be prepared to talk a lot!
Thank you for visiting my tutor page!
More info here!