Messages from our tutors
- You have a new coupon! - Survival Japanese Test Students Wanted☆.。.:*・゜ Hi! I'm happy to announce a new lesson "Survival Japanese for Beginners". As this... 3 months ago
- You have a new coupon! - やさしい英文法＋発音モニター募集☆.。.:*・゜ こんにちは！中学生以上を対象とした「会話につなげる英文法＋発音」を開講いたしました。新規レッスンにつき、ただいまモニター生徒さまを募集しております。詳細は上記リンクよりご確認くだ... 3 months ago
- You have a new coupon! - Weekend 7-9 September Discount ☆.。.:*・゜ Hello new students, How are you doing? Today it was around 30 degrees in Tokyo are... 4 months ago
My hobbies are travelling, taking photos, visiting museums, hiking and going out with friends. I'm interested in languages, culture, art, architecture, nature, animals, etc.
I currently work for a small computer company as an information designer and proofreader. Before that I was working as a proofreading manager for a couple of years in a different section. I use to work in the hospitality industry in Japan and overseas.
Field of Study
I graduated from technical college related to animals. Now I study Japanese linguistics, Japanese culture, comparative culture, etc. at university in the evening.
I’ve helped students at a Japanese language school for 5 months. It was a brilliant experience as the students were from all over the world! By supporting teachers and students as a teaching assistant, I learnt a lot and had a wonderful time with them!
Also, I’ve provided English lessons for a Japanese business person privately.
My lessons are flexible, friendly, relaxing and fun. Teaching is one of my passions and I try to make the lesson interesting and meaningful for each individual student.
I think I’m good at giving detailed explanations. I’m focusing more on a natural way of speaking than a “correct” way of speaking, but I can adjust the level of correction as you wish.
I basically use Japanese when I teach Japanese. You can still use English when needed, then I’ll try to help you in the best way.
As far as I remember, I’ve learnt English, German, French, Latin, Korean and Indonesian. Although I only speak English and a little bit of German, learning languages interests me so much and I love to find the culture through the language.
I did Working Holiday and language study in Germany and Ireland. Living in Europe was very interesting because their culture is completely different from mine. I enjoyed the scenery, nature, architecture, lifestyles, food, beer, etc. as well as travelling around!
And after living abroad, I became more curious about my own culture. That’s one of the reasons I study Japanese things at the moment.
Thanks for reading my profile. If you got interested in my lesson, I recommend you to take a counselling session first:) Looking forward to talking with you soon!
* Please refrain from recording the lessons.
* If you won’t use your web camera, the lesson will be held without my web camera too.
* I'm afraid I only offer lessons for adults at the moment.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Japanese Conversation Plus 5LP Improve your reading ability, grammar knowledge, etc through fun conversations!
- English Expressions Input + Pronunciation 5LP 〈初心者向け〉自然な会話スクリプトを音読して発音と意味を確認し、体に英語を染み込ませます。
- Japanese Conversation Plus Improve your reading ability, grammar knowledge, etc through fun conversations!
- Relaxed English Chat リラックスしながら英語で楽しく話しましょう♪
- English Expressions Output + Pronunciation 5LP 〈初中級者向け〉伝えたいことをパッと自然な英語で言う練習をしながら発音も改善し、会話に備えます。
- Counselling & Trial Session (Japanese) Let's get to know each other and plan how to improve your skills!
- English Expressions Output + Pronunciation 〈初中級者向け〉伝えたいことをパッと自然な英語で言う練習をしながら発音も改善し、会話に備えます。
- Survival Japanese for Beginners Start from easy topics with English support. Practise speaking little by little:)
- English Expressions Input + Pronunciation 〈初心者向け〉自然な会話スクリプトを音読して発音と意味を確認し、体に英語を染み込ませます。
- Practical English Grammar + Pronunciation 中学生から学び直しの大人まで。やさしい基礎文法と発音で、英語と仲良くなれるレッスンです。
- Practical Business Japanese Customised lessons for you to learn real business culture, Keigo, hospitality, ICT, etc.
- Counselling & Trial Session (English) お互いのことを知り、どのようなレッスンが良いかご相談しましょう♪
- Relaxed Japanese Chat Let's chat in Japanese! Just relax and have fun:D
- JLPT N1/N2/N3 Grammar Preparation Learn grammar and more to get ready for the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test!
- Survival Japanese for Beginners 5LP Start from easy topics with English support. Practise speaking little by little:)
- JLPT N1/N2/N3 Grammar Preparation 5LP Learn grammar and more to get ready for the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test!
- Practical Business Japanese 5LP Customised lessons for you to learn real business culture, Keigo, hospitality, ICT, etc.
- Practical English Grammar + Pronunciation 5LP 中学生から学び直しの大人まで。やさしい基礎文法と発音で、英語と仲良くなれるレッスンです。
- Accent Reduction Lesson 5LP カタカナで英語を発音していませんか？ 発音を習って、聞き取りやすいクリアな英語を身につけましょう^^
- Accent Reduction Lesson Short カタカナで英語を発音していませんか？ 発音を習って、聞き取りやすいクリアな英語を身につけましょう^^
- Accent Reduction Lesson Short 5LP カタカナで英語を発音していませんか？ 発音を習って、聞き取りやすいクリアな英語を身につけましょう^^
- Survival Japanese for Beginners Short Start from easy topics with English support. Practise speaking little by little:)
- Survival Japanese for Beginners Short 5LP Start from easy topics with English support. Practise speaking little by little:)
- Accent Reduction Lesson カタカナで英語を発音していませんか？ 発音を習って、聞き取りやすいクリアな英語を身につけましょう^^
Feedback from students
No matter how buzy I am, this is the lesson I never want to miss. Teacher Saya teaches not only Japanese, but also a lot of knowledge. For example, ukiyoe, karuta...etc. It'a always a pleasure to talk with teacher Saya. I srongly recommend this teacher and her lesson.
I highly recommend the lessons provided by Saya. Learning Japanese with Saya is quite pleasant and efficient, and I can learn what I want. By taking her lessons, I feel I can conduct both daily and terminological conversation in Japanese gradually. I always have a wonderful time when taking Saya's lesson.
I am a multi-linguist (French, English and Spanish at near native level). I love languages and I have been studying Japanese for years. It's been quite a rough experience. I've bought multiple textbooks, apps and have had dozens of lessons with different teachers. I got very lucky finding Saya Sensei because she is one the few teachers that is willing to tell you the truth about your Japanese. Saya sensei will constantly tell you when you make mistakes (in a kindly manner) no matter how many times you make the same error over and over again. She is persistent and that kind of effort that she puts into her lessons makes a huge difference. Believe me, I've been studying with Saya sensei for only a month (twice a week) and I feel so much more confident about my Japanese. Instead of hearing "Your Japanese is great!", I get to hear very helpful and honest advice from her directly. All the lessons that I have had with Saya sensei revolve around topics that I choose. When I am out of ideas, Saya sensei will make the effort of bringing up a theme that she believes will interest me and also be helpful. One more thing, Saya sensei gives great post lesson feedback. I was impressed by the amount of time she invests in the feedback emails. So not only does she write you feedback but she also supports it with materials and website links. This alleviates the stress of writing everything during a lesson. Long story short, I have found THE most honest and invested Japanese teacher I have ever met. If only I had met her ten years ago...
Saya T 500 Lessons Completed! 500レッスン達成☆.。.:*・゜ Hello! How are you? I’m so happy to announce that I had the 500...
Saya T Information About My Schedule, Coupons, etc. スケジュールやクーポンについてのお知らせ Hello! How are you enjoying the Golden Week? (Well, if you're living ...
Saya T 「英語」と「苦しい気持ち」が結びついていませんか？ 英語がなかなか話せるようにならなくて悩んでいる方からメッセージをいただきました。悩んでいる人って結構多いですよね。おせっかいかもしれません...
Saya T Completed 300 Lessons (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵) 300レッスン達成 Hello there. I’d like to thank my students as I’ve comple...
Saya T Completed 200 Lessons ☆ 200レッスン達成 I am so happy that I have done 200 lessons on Cafetalk today! I thank...