Messages from our tutors
- You have a new coupon! - New Year - Journey to Fluency Happy New Year!Let's get back on the road to fluency.I look forward to seeingyou in class... 2 years ago
- You have a new coupon! - Golden Week - Back to class Renewal Hi guys,I hope you are all enjoying your Golden week holiday.I hear the weather is good a... 3 years ago
- You have a new coupon! - New Year Resolution Special Hi guys,Please take advantage of this special discount.I look forward to seeing you in cl... 3 years ago
Hello. My name is Nick. I am British and I live in Bournemouth, in the county of Dorset. I am a teacher of English.
I'm a lower intermediate speaker of Japanese and a beginner in Korean.
After a career in the civil service in England, I travelled to New Zealand where I resided for 8 years. I attended university there and studied computer science at Massey University.
I worked for the civil service in New Zealand and then moved into the private sector where I gained experience in the technology market and the insurance industry.
In 1998, I resumed my education and took a CELTA course to pursue a dream of teaching English in Japan.
After gaining some experience in a conversation school in Saitama, I opened my own schools in Chiba and Tokyo and became a registered Japanese corporation.
I employed 10 Japanese support staff and several foreign teachers. I ran those schools for 16 years and taught hundreds of students of all ages and levels.
In 2014, I gained an additional TEFL certificate and also a studied a course on teaching online.
In 2014, I returned to the UK and continued teaching online.
Some of my students from Japan still study with me.
I have a passion for teaching and I feel a very strong connection to Japan.
I teach my classes entirely in English but if you are stuck I can also speak Japanese.
I love mountain biking, running and swimming. One day I would like to do a triathlon.
In my downtime, I like to watch movies and read books.
I’m the author of the book Fluency Secrets and I’m writing some new books on English language study.
I do professional voiceovers and I’m just getting started in broadcasting.So you could say I like to keep busy.
I am offering English tutoring, either as structured lessons or conversational practice. We can study topics of your choice or I can construct guided lessons based on your level and goals.
My lessons make use of lots of different materials, such as videos, audio recordings, songs, articles and textbooks, so we can build all your skills.
I have experience teaching IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and EIKEN step tests.
I currently teach adults of all levels and kids both privately and in groups.
I can also help you with your writing.
I am very patient, and you can ask me all the questions you want, as many times as you want, until you understand very well.
Let me know what you need and how I can help you, and I will be here for you.
I will do my best to help you achieve your goals of becoming fluent in English.
I look forward to talking with you online,
TeachingEnglish Problem Solving Psychological Counseling Qualifications Testing Career Advancement Coaching Writing&Naming
Lessons offered by this tutor
- TED TALKS Lesson Ideas Worth Spreading
- DAILY SPEAKING CLASS - 15 Minutes ENJOY AN EVERYDAY TALK CLASS - 8 week Lesson Pack (24 Lessons)
- 4 Lesson Package - 30 Minute English Chat Pack of 4 lessons Flexible Speaking lesson. Your topic or mine. Activity cards, articles, short stories and listening tests.
- English Conversation Lesson English Conversation for all levels Beginner to Advanced.
- Eiken Prep Course Pass the Eiken and have fun studying.
- TED TALKS Lesson 5 Lesson Pack Ideas Worth Spreading
- 30 Minute English Chat Flexible Speaking lesson. Your topic or mine. Activity cards, articles, short stories and listening tests.
- 4 X English Conversation Lessons English Conversation for all levels Beginner to Advanced.
- Offline Proofreading 1000 words or less Professional and Friendly Proofreading Service from a writer, editor, proofreader and teacher.
- MBA Interview Preparation Admissions Consulting service. - A business school application is more than just a great GMAT® score.
- Eiken Prep Course Pass the Eiken and have fun studying.
- Job Interview Practice Ace your next interview
- Daily chat 15 minutes 15 Minutes a day keeps your English fresh.
- Medical English Course Focus on interpersonal skills relevant to your field. Gain the confidence you need and communicate effectively in the demanding healthcare career of your choice.
- Medical English Course - 3 Lesson Pack Focus on interpersonal skills relevant to your field. Gain the confidence you need and communicate effectively in the demanding healthcare career of your choice.
- IELTS Speaking Practice 50 Minutes Improve your IELTS speaking score!
- Course Counselling Session Get to Know your teacher and ask any questions you may have about my lessons.
- IELTS Speaking Practise 50 Minutes x 4 Special Package price for 4 Lessons.
- 5 X English Conversation Lessons English Conversation for all levels Beginner to Advanced.
- Business English 4 Lesson Pack Speak English with Confidence
- MBA Interview Preparation - 5 lesson Package Admissions Consulting service. - A business school application is more than just a great GMAT® score.
- English for Flight Attendants English for Flight Attendants is an ideal course designed for both trainee cabin crew, and flight attendants in employment.
Feedback from students
Today is the first trial lesson for me but he is so incredible that 30 minutes was so short! Thank you so much for your today's lesson.
Nicholas Life Hacks Life Hacks What are life hacks? Life hacks are little way...
Nicholas 10 Quick Tips to Ace your next Job Interview 1. Pack your briefcase like a professional &mi...
Nicholas Did You See The Super Moon? Last Sunday night you may have seen something in the sky ...
Nicholas Here are five Ways to Improve Your English Writing. 1. Improve yo...