Messages from our tutors
~ ABOUT ME ~
I've always loved languages, cultures and travelling. I've travelled to Japan twice for a total of around 2 months and I fell in love with that country. I've also spent some time in South Korea, Dominican Republic and a few other countries.
I love teaching online because it allows me to meet people from all around the world and we can learn from each other and feel more connected to the outside world.
I love being useful and helping the people I meet. So teaching online is a way for me to do that and to help others achieve their goals.
~ TEACHING BACKGROUND ~
I started teaching English and French online in early 2013 after getting the idea from a friend. I loved it and I loved the freedom that came with that kind of work, so I decided that's what I wanted to do and I enrolled in a class to become a certified teacher.
I became a certified English and French teacher later that year after taking a course with the Canadian Institute of English in Ontario, Canada. We learned and practiced effective methods of teaching a language and it was an experience I'll never forget.
I now have these two certificates:
- Advanced Certificate in TESOL
- Advanced Certificate in Teaching Languages - Specializing in French
Since then, I have worked as an online tutor and have taught hundreds of students of all ages and levels from all around the world.
~ TEACHING STYLE ~
I'm a friendly and relaxed teacher and I like to make my students feel comfortable. I take my work very seriously, so I adapt my lessons to each individual student, to make sure the class meets their needs.
When I first meet with a new student, I always ask them about their goals, about what they find difficult in the language and what they want to work on. Then, I suggest some things we can do together to help them achieve these goals, and I'm always open to new suggestions as well.
Here are some of the most popular things I do with my students:
==> Free talking: I let you talk about whatever topic you want, and I ask you questions to encourage you to speak more and surpass yourself. I also like to use pictures, videos or maps that are related to the topic, so I often use the screen sharing function during class. While we're talking, I write down your mistakes in the chat box and review them with you to help you improve the things you're having difficulty with. I'm also here to answer any question that you might have.
==> Reading: I send you an article or a story to read about a topic that interests you, I ask you to read it out loud and I correct your pronunciation. I help you improve your reading fluency and comprehension. After reading the text, I ask you questions to see if you understood what you read. I explain the words you don't know. We also take some time to discuss the topic we've read about and exchange ideas. There are often pictures along with the articles so we can talk about them too.
==> Writing: I give you a topic to write about (or you choose your own topic), and you write a short text in advance before the class. Then you send it to me and we read it and correct it together during class. I help you with your spelling mistakes, conjugation or grammar mistakes, and I help you improve your structure to make your text flow better.
My students say they enjoy taking classes with me because I'm casual and not too strict. They say they feel like they're talking with an old friend.
Thank you for reading and I hope to see you soon!
Lessons offered by this tutor
- English Conversation Class (25min) Practice and improve your English with a certified native tutor!
- English Conversation Class (25min) ~PACK OF 4 CLASSES~ 4TH LESSON IS FREE Practice and improve your English with a certified native tutor!
- English Conversation Class (50min) Practice and improve your English with a certified native tutor!
- French Conversation Class (25min) Practice and improve your French with a certified native tutor!
- French : Beginner Level (25 min) Learn the basics of the French language with a certified tutor from Québec!
- English Conversation Class (50min) ~PACK OF 4 CLASSES~ 4TH LESSON IS FREE Practice and improve your English with a certified native tutor!
- French Conversation Class (50 min) Practice and improve your French with a certified native tutor!
Feedback from students
Merci infiniment pour un feedback en détails ! Je vais attentivement apprendre cette langue si belle.