Hello, My name is Charisma and I'm a teacher by profession but a writer by heart. I teach both children and business professionals. I came to Japan because I was fascinated by the rich culture and nature.
I graduated with a degree in IT but I focused on technical writing and startup business development. Before coming to Japan, I lived and worked in Dubai for almost 6 years and there I got immersed in a diverse work environment. I worked with different nationalities and it defined my work ethics and enhanced my life experience. Thus, I always strive to be a part of an open and varied company culture.
- I started freetalk conversations with Japanese interns within my team (in my previous company)
- I teach business-english as a corporate training and one-on-one classes respectively
- I proofread English lesson materials; emails and business presentations created by Japanese learners.
- I also teach elementary children in a classroom setting.
- I used to be an English level assessor and conduct BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) and TEAP Examinations in various Tokyo locations
- I studied Japanese language for 1 year at Human Academy Language School in Takadanobaba, Shinjuku, Tokyo.
- I will be taking the JLPT (N3-level) this year.
- I have been practicing yoga since 2012.
- I love the occassional run.
- My greatest interest is mountain climbing all over Japan. I try to explore one mountain every month since I moved to Tokyo.
- I love reading books (dystopian, classical and psycho-mystery genre). My favorite authors are C.S. Lewis, John Green, John Grisham and Paulo Coehlo.
- The first japanese book I have read is あなたの感じることは絶対ただしい by Akira Uehara
- Lastly, I'm passionate about teaching English to Japanese individuals but I aim to help anyone to express their own opinion and idea in English effectively and fluently.