It's wonderful to meet you!
A little about me:
My name is Tracy and I live in the United States in the state of Texas. My family owns a small farm there, where I work to take care of our many animals. Some of my hobbies are reading, playing video games, studying languages and crocheting. I also bake and cook a lot.
Education/qualifications and Experience:
I specialized in Linguistics/English in college, with a minor in Anthropology (I especially enjoyed all of my sociolinguistics classes which combined both linguistics and anthropology!) During college I tutored underclassmen who were studying Japanese. After I graduated, I worked in Japan for a year teaching English. I taught at an Eikaiwa school and twice a week at public schools, to middle school and high school students. My students ranged in age from children to retired adults.
My Teaching Style:
I am a really friendly teacher and I love interacting with my students and enjoy laughing and learning with them. I work hard to make my students feel confident and comfortable. In my classes, I try to make each lesson cover as many points as possible, from speaking and listening to pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary to give each student the best lesson they can get. I encourage questions and even suggestions (You know how you learn best, so please tell me if you need something different than what I am doing. (: )I have lessons to help students with Speaking, Reading, Vocabulary building, Expressions and Idioms, Writing, Listening, and Grammar. And don't forget my Crochet Lesson, where I will teach students how to crochet, from the very basics up to completing a beautiful item of your choice.
*Please note that if you are taking a lesson for the first time with me, no matter what lesson it is, I will always do a self-introduction to discuss your English goals so that I can understand and help you to the best of my ability.
(During lessons, I also encourage students to have a drink! We will talk a lot during every lessons, so it's good to have a drink to keep your voice from getting tired.)
Please come and have fun learning new things with me!
*Special Note: I understand Skype has caused a lot of trouble for many people lately and does not always work. However, if we are unable to connect on Skype, I have an appear.in room available. Please make sure to check our lesson page if you are having problems and let me know in the Cafetalk chat box! I will provide the link for you and we will have our lesson at appear.in instead. I will charge the full cancellation fee for lessons that are cancelled last minute due to Skype problems.
Messages from our tutors
- You have new coupons! - New Year's Resolution Pack Hi everyone!How are your New Year's Resolutions coming along? Many students make a n... 2 weeks ago
- You have a new coupon! - Happy New Year! Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is as wonderful as 2018 was and even more exciting! I wanted ... 2 months ago
- Lesson Time Updates and More Hello Everyone!As you can probably see, my available times have changed again. I am back ... 3 months ago
It's wonderful to meet you!
- English Native
- Japanese Daily conversation
- Russian Just a few words
Lessons offered by this tutor
- BBC News Articles Read and then discuss BBC News articles with me!
- Quickfire Questions A Cafetalk Favorite! Improve your Conversational skills!
- Conversational Vocabulary Building Improve your vocabulary and have better conversations!
- The Complete English Lesson! Study everything in this comprehensive lesson!
- Eiken Grade Pre-2 - 1 & TOEIC SW Get help preparing for the EIKEN Interviews or the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests!
- 50 Minute Extension See a 25 minute lesson you like but want it to be longer? This is your lesson!
- Make Your Own Lesson! Do you have a special class you want to take, but I don't offer it yet? Request it here!
- Daily Conversation Come practice your English with me in this 25 minute class!
- Intermediate Vocabulary Building Build your vocabulary for test-taking or business!
- Daily Conversation 50 min Come have a discussion with me and practice your English!
- プロの編集/Professional Editing Have your document or paper edited by a professional editor.
- Introduction and Consultation For first-time students! Come introduce yourself and talk about your English goals.
- Q&A Column Have a question? Have it answered in this short, no-skype lesson!
- English Expressions and Idioms Improve your English by learning American Expressions and Idioms!
- A Chat for Busy People! Don't have a lot of time? Try this short conversation lesson!
- 【公式】 HAPA英会話 Podcast 応用レッスン 大人気の「Hapa英会話」Podcastをもとに、英語力をアップしよう！
- The Complete English Lesson 50 Min Study Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing and Vocabulary in this comprehensive lesson!
- A Chat for Busy People! (Bundled) Don't have a lot of time? Try this short conversation lesson!
- Wild Horses of the American West Come talk and learn about the wild horses that run free in the American west: The Mustang!
- Story Audio Books (Intermediate Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Story Audio Books (Beginner Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Story Audio Books (Advanced Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Beginner's Crochet Come and learn the basics of crochet!
Feedback from students
We talked about my English goal since this was our first lesson. She listened patiently and tried to catch each words I wanted to tell her. She corrected my grammatical error and pronunciation on Skype message. Thank you!
凄く難しかった。 文法と単語が分からないので、先生が言っていることを理解することが出来ず苦戦した。 先生の言う文章を復唱するにも、覚えられず出来なかった。
Tracy R. Prepositions? Hello Everyone!Prepositions are rather difficult for many people stud...
Tracy R. I've Arrived! Hello Everyone! After a very LONG and HARD trip, I have finally arri...
Tracy R. Language: The Pawn of Politics Hello Everyone!Okay, this is a rather advanced article but very inter...
Tracy R. Role-playing BBC Column! Hello everyone!I stumbled across a neat little 'game' that the BBC ha...
Tracy R. Do You Like to Write? Hello everyone! I think writing is great. If I can, I try to write e...