It's wonderful to meet you!
A little about me:
My name is Tracy and I live in the United States in the state of Texas. My family owns a small farm there, where I work to take care of our many animals. Some of my hobbies are reading, playing video games, studying languages and crocheting. I also bake and cook a lot.
Education/qualifications and Experience:
I specialized in Linguistics/English in college, with a minor in Anthropology (I especially enjoyed all of my sociolinguistics classes which combined both linguistics and anthropology!) During college I tutored underclassmen who were studying Japanese. After I graduated, I worked in Japan for a year teaching English. I taught at an Eikaiwa school and twice a week at public schools, to middle school and high school students. My students ranged in age from children to retired adults.
My Teaching Style:
I am a really friendly teacher and I love interacting with my students and enjoy laughing and learning with them. I work hard to make my students feel confident and comfortable. In my classes, I try to make each lesson cover as many points as possible, from speaking and listening to pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary to give each student the best lesson they can get. I encourage questions and even suggestions (You know how you learn best, so please tell me if you need something different than what I am doing. (: )I have lessons to help students with Speaking, Reading, Vocabulary building, Expressions and Idioms, Writing, Listening, and Grammar. And don't forget my Crochet Lesson, where I will teach students how to crochet, from the very basics up to completing a beautiful item of your choice.
*Please note that if you are taking a lesson for the first time with me, no matter what lesson it is, I will always do a self-introduction to discuss your English goals so that I can understand and help you to the best of my ability.
(During lessons, I also encourage students to have a drink! We will talk a lot during every lessons, so it's good to have a drink to keep your voice from getting tired.)
Please come and have fun learning new things with me!
*Special Note: I understand Skype has caused a lot of trouble for many people lately and does not always work. However, if we are unable to connect on Skype, I have an appear.in room available. Please make sure to check our lesson page if you are having problems and let me know in the Cafetalk chat box! I will provide the link for you and we will have our lesson at appear.in instead. I will charge the full cancellation fee for lessons that are cancelled last minute due to Skype problems.
Messages from our tutors
- Unusual Times Hello Everyone!Over the next few weeks and maybe the next month or two, you'll notice tha... 2 weeks ago
- Homestay Update! Hello Everyone!It's a bit last minute, but I wanted to let everyone know as soon as possi... 1 month ago
- Student Feedback and Awesome Lesson Awards Hello Everyone!I wanted to send out a special thank you for all the students who have lef... 1 month ago
It's wonderful to meet you!
- English Native
- Japanese Daily conversation
- Russian Just a few words
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Eiken Grade Pre-2 - 1 & TOEIC SW Get help preparing for the EIKEN Interviews or the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests!
- Daily Conversation Come practice your English with me in this 25 minute class!
- Quickfire Questions A Cafetalk Favorite! A lesson of fast questions and faster answers!
- The Complete English Lesson! Study everything in this comprehensive lesson!
- English Expressions and Idioms Improve your English by learning American Expressions and Idioms!
- BBC News Articles Read and then discuss BBC News articles with me!
- 50 Minute Extension See a 25 minute lesson you like but want it to be longer? This is your lesson!
- Make Your Own Lesson! Do you have a special class you want to take, but I don't offer it yet? Request it here!
- Daily Conversation 50 min Come have a discussion with me and practice your English!
- A Chat for Busy People! (Bundled) Don't have a lot of time? Try this short conversation lesson!
- Introduction and Consultation For first-time students! Come introduce yourself and talk about your English goals.
- A Chat for Busy People! Don't have a lot of time? Try this short conversation lesson!
- Conversational Vocabulary Building Improve your vocabulary and have better conversations!
- The Complete English Lesson 50 Min Study Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing and Vocabulary in this comprehensive lesson!
- プロの編集/Professional Editing Have your document or paper edited by a professional editor.
- Intermediate Vocabulary Building Build your vocabulary for test-taking or business!
- Q&A Column Have a question? Have it answered in this short, no-skype lesson!
- 【公式】 HAPA英会話 Podcast 応用レッスン 大人気の「Hapa英会話」Podcastをもとに、英語力をアップしよう！
- Wild Horses of the American West Come talk and learn about the wild horses that run free in the American west: The Mustang!
- Story Audio Books (Intermediate Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Story Audio Books (Beginner Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Story Audio Books (Advanced Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Beginner's Crochet Come and learn the basics of crochet!
Feedback from students
Tracy R. Language: The Pawn of Politics Hello Everyone!Okay, this is a rather advanced article but very inter...
Tracy R. Role-playing BBC Column! Hello everyone!I stumbled across a neat little 'game' that the BBC ha...
Tracy R. Do You Like to Write? Hello everyone! I think writing is great. If I can, I try to write e...
Tracy R. The Simplification of Languages Hello everyone! I have an interesting article for you today, on the ...
Tracy R. Test Study Tips Hello Everyone! Many of you are preparing for, or recently took, a b...