It's wonderful to meet you!
A little about me:
My name is Tracy and I live in the United States in the state of Texas. My family owns a small farm there, where I work to take care of our many animals. Some of my hobbies are reading, playing video games, studying languages and crocheting. I also bake and cook a lot.
Education/qualifications and Experience:
I specialized in Linguistics/English in college, with a minor in Anthropology (I especially enjoyed all of my sociolinguistics classes which combined both linguistics and anthropology!) During college I tutored underclassmen who were studying Japanese. After I graduated, I worked in Japan for a year teaching English. I taught at an Eikaiwa school and twice a week at public schools, to middle school and high school students. My students ranged in age from children to retired adults.
My Teaching Style:
I am a really friendly teacher and I love interacting with my students and enjoy laughing and learning with them. I work hard to make my students feel confident and comfortable. In my classes, I try to make each lesson cover as many points as possible, from speaking and listening to pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary to give each student the best lesson they can get. I encourage questions and even suggestions (You know how you learn best, so please tell me if you need something different than what I am doing. (: )I have lessons to help students with Speaking, Reading, Vocabulary building, Expressions and Idioms, Writing, Listening, and Grammar. And don't forget my Crochet Lesson, where I will teach students how to crochet, from the very basics up to completing a beautiful item of your choice.
(During lessons, I also encourage students to have a drink! We will talk a lot during every lessons, so it's good to have a drink to keep your voice from getting tired.)
Please come and have fun learning new things with me!
Messages from our tutors
- New Year, New Things! Hello Everyone!I hope you have all had a wonderful New Year! I look forward to hearing fr... 2 months ago
- Live Seminar! English Idioms: The Stranger, the Better Hello Everyone!Thank you to everyone who attended the live seminar that I hosted on July ... 8 months ago
- Country Adventure Camp! First off, thank you to everyone who inquired or showed support for the Country Adventure... 11 months ago
It's wonderful to meet you!
- English Native
- Japanese Daily conversation
- Russian Just a few words
Lessons offered by this tutor
- The Complete English Lesson 50 Min Study Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing and Vocabulary in this comprehensive lesson!
- The Complete English Lesson! Study everything in this comprehensive lesson!
- Make Your Own Lesson! Do you have a special class you want to take, but I don't offer it yet? Request it here!
- Introduction and Consultation For first-time students! Come introduce yourself and talk about your English goals.
- Eiken Grade Pre-2 - 1 & TOEIC SW Get help preparing for the EIKEN Interviews or the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests!
- Intermediate Vocabulary Building Build your vocabulary for test-taking or business!
- Quickfire Questions A Cafetalk Favorite! A lesson of fast questions and faster answers!
- Daily Conversation Come practice your English with me in this 25 minute class!
- Bundled Lesson - Any 1500 Point Lesson Do you want to bundle one of your lessons? This is the way to do it!
- BBC News Articles Read and then discuss BBC News articles with me!
- English Expressions and Idioms Improve your English by learning American Expressions and Idioms!
- 50 Minute Extension See a 25 minute lesson you like but want it to be longer? This is your lesson!
- プロの編集/Professional Editing Have your document or paper edited by a professional editor.
- Daily Conversation 50 min Come have a discussion with me and practice your English!
- 【公式】 HAPA英会話 Podcast 応用レッスン 大人気の「Hapa英会話」Podcastをもとに、英語力をアップしよう！
- A Chat for Busy People! Don't have a lot of time? Try this short conversation lesson!
- Conversational Vocabulary Building Improve your vocabulary and have better conversations!
- Wild Horses of the American West Come talk and learn about the wild horses that run free in the American west: The Mustang!
- Story Audio Books (Intermediate Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Story Audio Books (Beginner Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Story Audio Books (Advanced Level) Audio Books made for English learners!
- Q&A Column Have a question? Have it answered in this short, no-skype lesson!
- Beginner's Crochet Come and learn the basics of crochet!
- A Chat for Busy People! (Bundled) Don't have a lot of time? Try this short conversation lesson!
Feedback from students
I haven't taken her lesson after introduction and consultation class, so it was my first-time lesson with her. She sent me an article a few days earlier the class. I read it, but I wasn't high light words where I used a dictionary or mark out where I didn't understand very well. I just read it lightly before the class, and it was a few days ago. When I take a lesson with another teacher, usually the lesson start from reading an article. that's why I didn't read it very well. Her class was not the same style as another teacher. Her class started question from the article instead of reading it. I wasn't completely prepare enough. I felt awkward and embarrassed but She navigated very well that I was able to answer questions. Thank you, Tracy. I will prepare enough next lesson.
テキストを使用して、リーディング、スピーキング、ライティング、リスニング、すべての技能を伸ばすレッスンをしてくれます。毎回熱意のあるレッスンで、単語のニュアンスや文化的背景も教えてくれます。発音も辛抱強く教えてくれます。引き続きレッスンを受講し、自分の英語レベルを上げていきたいと思います。熱意のある、そして優しい、おすすめの先生です。フィードバックもしっかりしてくれます。 She is very passionate about teaching English. She is kind and patient. I definitely recommend her lesson for those who really want to improve their English skills. I'm sure she will help get you to your goal!
Tracy R. The Simplification of Languages Hello everyone! I have an interesting article for you today, on the ...
Tracy R. Test Study Tips Hello Everyone! Many of you are preparing for, or recently took, a b...
Tracy R. The Gender of Language Hello Everyone! Today I have a bit more advanced of an article. But ...
Tracy R. Learning English Through Film and Song Hello everyone! Today I have a link to an article that teaches some ...
Tracy R. What is "Correct" English? Hello Everyone! As many of my students know, I usually put stress on...