Teaching and Professional career
I've worked in the corporate sector for the most part of 7 years and would really love to share my knowledge and experience through business english. There are many skills that I never had when I started out and had to learn on the go! These were things like how to network, email etiquette, CV & cover letter preparation, personal branding etc. I just winged it! Eventually, I invested in myself and did a course in Business etiquette and have become TEFL certified as well! Combining the two means I can help you with refining your professionalism and most importantly, give you confidence on speaking and presenting yourself in the best way possible.
Hobbies & Interests
I'm an avid reader, currently enrolled in Indian classical singing, love sport and love to play settlers of Catan! I'm also interested in Japanese culture, I regularly attend events at our local Japanese embassy to learn more about what interesting things are going on and to learn more about Japanese people! When talking to me, I hope I'll be able to share some insights on Africa and equally learn more about Japan and other parts of Asia
- My lessons will have a fun, relaxed, yet professional approach. You will be encouraged to practise your English through conversation and I'll gently correct you as we go along.
- I'm quite a good listener and have a somewhat structured style. I'll be able to identify areas we need to improve on whether it is pronunciation, grammar, speaking or listening.
- I provide support material that you can use for reference even after you're done with lessons in the form of links/articles and videos that will help.
- Most importantly, the aim of each lesson is to encourage you and give you the confidence to speak your way into achieving all your personal and professional goals!
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Counseling Lesson This is an orientation session for first-time students. Let's check your English level, talk about your goals and decide which of my lessons is a good fit for you!
- How to Network & Networking Etiquette Learn how to network and make the best of your opportunities
- Quick Chat in English Are you on a busy schedule? Even talking a little bit every day helps. This is a short 20 minute lesson!
- English Conversation Class Practice your spoken English, improve your fluency and enhance your vocabulary!
- Customizable English Lesson Do you have something specific in mind you'd like to study? This class is for students with specific requests!
- Business English: Self Introduction in business meetings First impression is the last impression! Let's learn how to do a basic professional introduction in a one on one or group business meeting set up.
Feedback from students
We enjoyed talking about Kenya and what Japanese embassy is trying to do to share our culture there. I'm excited to learn different cultures through her lessons in the future.