Messages from our tutors
Do you like to travel?
Do you like to chat with the foreigners?
Do you want to work for an international corporation?
Do you enjoy watching foreign TV sitcoms?
Are you preparing for English proficiency tests?
Are you preparing for English interviews?
If you have interests in all of the above or even just one, we will be a good fit!
I speak fluent English and Chinese! But don't worry, if you need some help using Japanese during the class, I can also speak a little bit of Japanese.
I have five years of teaching experiences. Traveling and teaching combined always motivates me to dive deeper into the teaching field. My students came from Japan, Poland, Korea, Saudi Arabia, China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the U.S.A. I work both with individual students and group learners. Indeed, teaching methods and materials alternate when meeting new students.
I usually start off the lesson with a casual chat. You are welcomed to talk about anything at the beginning of the lesson. To be more cohesive, I would always try to lead the topic toward our teaching focus of the day. We will learn new vocabularies in each session, and students are expected to review those words using the worksheet I made. Fun activities and games are often involved during each session. You are always welcomed to make modifications to the class. Let's learn and improve together!
More About Me
My interests are music, sports traveling and fitness training.Besides working, I like to travel alone and the next stop is Africa! stop by and have a chat with me!
Master's in Bilingual Education/TESOL
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Test Preparation Are you taking TOEFL? Are you taking TOEIC? Let me be your personal tutor!
- Any Topic You wish! English speaking session Learning a language can be very frustrating. Through this curriculum, let's learn English stress-free! After a long day at work, all you want to do is lay on the couch and have some casual conversation?
- Any Topic You wish! English speaking session Learning a language can be very frustrating. Through this curriculum, let's learn English stress-free!
- Listening and Speaking(focus on pronunciation) Speaking and Listening training with maximum pronunciation correction. Fun and interesting topics are available. Sports, fashion, cooking, travel...etc.
- English Interview English Interviews are not that difficult! Don't let the language barrier defeat you!
- English Proficiency Test Preparation session Are you preparing for Eiken? Are you taking TOEFL IELTS or TOEIC?
- Movie Drama Song and Life English Do you like to watch English sitcoms? Do you like to listen to Ed Sheeran? Do you like to watch Hollywood movies?
- All Level Chinese Conversation Mandarin Chinese Conversation I can check your pronunciation as well!
- Sing and learn Do you like music? Let's listen to some pop English hits! Learn new vocabularies and sentences in these great songs!
- Study in the US - Consultation 想要出國唸書卻不知道從何下手嗎？
- Writing + writing discussion bootcamp Having issue organizing your thoughts? Need some guidance on writing? This hybrid curriculum will help you improve writing through speaking and plenty of writing.
- Chinese lesson for beginners Let's learn Chinese and have fun!
- Chinese Conversation for Post-Beginners Let's practice Chinese conversation together!
- Movie Drama Song and Life English! (50minX4) Do you like to watch Holywood movies? Do you enjoy listening to Ed Sheeran songs?
- No time for Skype? Let's write! Writing is a wonderful way to improve your English! Let's write every day!
- Write Your Diary in Chinese! Too busy to take Chinese lessons? Then, you can write your diary in Chinese!
- Individually designed English speaking session Learning a language can be very frustrating. Through this curriculum, let's learn English stress-free!
Feedback from students
Since I took several lessons, I feel that in terms of teaching, Alicia is an excellent, enthusiastic teacher. Take, for example, she taught me the natural way to speak by using phase and always help me to review what I was learned when the similar conversation context we were going through. During the lesson, I prefer speaking to listening. Alicia is good at leading context to help me to practice speaking. That was suit for me.
This lesson was for my 8 year old daughter. Ms. Alicia is very good with children, and my daughter had fun. She will continue taking Chinese lessons from Ms. Alicia. このレッスンは娘のためでした。楽しかったです。子供にいいと思います。続けようと思っています。
Alicia is a great teacher for she really explained the questions clearly. I would definitely recommend her classes to those who are making a plan to study abroad. Of course, if you're simply looking for a good, funny, professional teacher, Alicia is the person you're looking for.
全て英語での授業になりますが、とてもフレンドリーで話しやすい先生です。 アメリカにお住まいの為、日本時間で早朝の時間に受講が出来てありがたいです。 中国語の簡体字も繁体字も、どちらも対応頂けました。