Messages from our tutors
I am Sachi. I teach children’s art class in Cafetalk!
☆ About Myself ☆
I actively involved in art workshops when I was a studio art student at Tokyo University of the Arts.
After I graduated, I have taught art to about 40 children, the youngest from 5 years old to the oldest of 16 years old.
Now I live in France with my partner and work as an art teacher and a freelance illustrator.
As I have studied in the U.K. as an exchange student, I can communicate with you in English. In addition, I am currently learning French. Thus, I enjoy having art lessons with English and French-speaking students.
☆ What is Art in the First Place? ☆
Have you ever thought of this question before? This is what I have been working on throughout my life.
I’ve always wanted more people to think about what the ART is!!
(☝︎Me with my friends, hosting an art workshop in Asakusa, Japan)
For example, how do you define “the artist?”
Someone who can draw super realistic paintings?
Or, someone who received so many awards for his/her creativity?
Those could be right.
But, I believe art is much more than those!
(☝︎Self-portrait collage, which my former students made)
My definition of art is, depicting your own thoughts and feelings right away, like the footsteps you leave on the shore.
So, I do believe art does not have to be perfect, and nobody can truly compare their artworks to somebody else’s.
Any artwork you make is unique and thus precious – even Picasso cannot draw the line that you draw on the canvas!!
☆ What Happens in My Art Lesson? ☆
In my children’s art lesson, I enjoy seeing my students being just who they are by drawing and crafting. And, I am there to help my students to enjoy expressing themselves by making works of art.
I first talk to each student to get to know him/her as an individual. What he/she feels and thinks? Which shapes, colors, characters and songs does he/she like?
After hearing what my student like, I give some suggestions about which craft he/she may be interested in making.
There are often times when children come up with some creative ideas, which are so unique that even their parents could never anticipate.
It is my role to make such great ideas tangible!
☆ Applicable Students ☆
5 ~ 12-year-old children would enjoy my lesson the most.
(However, I can teach secondary school students too!)
I used to teach a private group art lesson to children. But, I am excited to teach in Cafetalk as well. I can spend more time and pay attention to one student, thus I am positive that I can provide the best plan for each individual whom I teach. So, please feel free to message me! I am happy to consult with you and your children!
☆ Please Note - Before You Sign up for My Lessons ☆
Some classes like “Craft with Found Objects!” and “How to Draw (something)” are just for the warm-up.
If a student decides to take my lessons regularly, those lessons will be all customized for each individual.
Such customized lessons would require students to think a lot by themselves. As they have to come up with their own plans to meet what they want to create, it will require them lots or responsibility. But, those lessons would also be a wonderful experience for any art and craft lovers! I will do my very best to support their creative activity.
Also, this is for the parents. Please sit beside your children when they take my online lesson. I ask this mostly for the safety reason. I cannot always catch what my students are doing with knives and scissors behind the screen.
☆ Lastly… ☆
Either you are a small child or a grown-up adult, if you are interested in my lessons, please feel free to message me!
Through my art lessons, I hope everyone to have fun, be satisfied, and feel happier. Thank you for reading my profile all the way through!!
I hope to see you soon in my lesson! ;)
【 Cafetalk Translation / October 2018 】
TeachingDrawing And Painting Art for kids
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 【For Kids】Easy Arts and Crafts Lesson! Draw and make easy works of art! This is an hour-long art lesson for children!
- 【For Kids】Extended Art Lesson for 30 minutes This lesson is for students who take my lessons on a regular basis. When you run out of the time and hope to extend the duration of your lesson, you can request this. :)
- 【For Kids】40-minute Easy Arts and Crafts Lesson! Draw and make easy works of art! This is a 40-minute art lesson for children!
- 【For Kids】More drawings!【90min Long ver!】 “I would like to draw with various materials!” “I would like to know how I can improve my drawing skills!” This lesson is for those children who love drawing and are eager to learn more.
- What You See in Your Face? Draw Your Self-Portrait! By touching and look into a mirror, find all the “secrets” hidden in your face! Once you find them, you will draw the best self-portrait ever in your life! ♫
- 【For Kids】Draw a Color Wheel! Using the three primary colors; red, blue, and yellow, we can make any colors. How many colors can you make by mixing different colors?
- 【For Kids】Observe, Discover and Report! Choose and observe an ordinary item that you see in your daily life. How does it feel? Can you dissect it into pieces? You can eat and give a comment like a TV reporter, only if your chosen item is edible! Activate all five senses and discover.
Feedback from students
昨日はありがとうございました。 たっぷり１時間コースもはみ出過ぎる時間オーバー、ありがとうございました。 今日も続きの動物を描いて色塗って切って、楽しそうにやってます。 今回の作品は力作になりそうなので、最後に型紙かダンボールで補強して仕上げたいと思います。 トトロの線が薄いから仕上がりがはっきりしなかった話を最後にしたことが良かったのか、今回の作品の動物たちは、はっきりマーカーやボールペンで仕上げているので、よりはっきりした作品になると思います。 何度か先生と時間を費やしていくうちに、少しづつ先生の技法を学んでいく様に感じます。 いつも自分勝手に作品を作ってる様に見えてましたが、先生と一緒に続けることで、作品の完成度が毎回高くなっている様に思いました。 ありがとうございます。
今日もありがとうございました。カウンセリングしていただき本当に助かりました。 あの後、絵を描くのが止まらず大きな桜の木下にある動物園の様な作品が出来上がり、この絵は細かいので、このまま色ぬりをしたほうがいい様な感じです。土台の絵にしては勿体無いので。 切り貼りをしたい動物は別でコラージュできやすい大きさに別紙に書き始めています。 なぜか象とかも書かれているので、絵が大体まとまったらコラージュ用の用品をもう少し考えて、次回の予約をさせていただきたいと思います。 よろしくお願いいたします。