Phrasal Verbs in Use (Intermediate)
for Lower Intermediate to Intermediate Levels
Please be ready to think of situations in which phrasal verbs may be used. You may bring up any pertinent topics and issues for discussion as long as you actively use the phrasal verbs tackled in the lesson.
You are encouraged to use a dictionary.
The first few units are focused on specific verbs and particles. Later, the lessons become more thematic.
Table of Contents:
As a student, you will be asked to make sentences which express the meaning of the phrasal verb, so be prepared to include additional details to further clarify the context.
He tidied up his room. = Grammatically correct, but needs details
He tidied up his room. He organized his books in alphabetical order. He picked up clothes on the floor and sorted out his laundry pile. He placed all his toys in a box.
Here we can clearly understand that tidying up means "making a place clean and tidy, especially by putting things in their proper place."
Lessons offered by this tutor
- USMLE STEP 2 CS Cases/Patient Encounters Practice Role-plays for doctors, in preparation for patient encounters in the USMLE Step 2 CS
- Collocations-In-Use (Intermediate) Increase fluency, sound more natural, know your idioms and phrasal verbs. Take it a step further and know collocations.
- Free-form Conversations (Chat in English) Talk about anything under the sun :)
- ENGLISH-IN-THE-NEWS (video+reading+discussion) This course integrates speaking, listening, & reading exercises to maximize learning.
- Legal Themes and Cases - A Discussion Course Discussions based on articles from the National Law Review as well as other Law Journals
- Customized Lessons for TKMD Customized for a specific student-client
- IELTS Speaking Module Practice Prepare for the IELTS speaking module, hone your skills for the interview
- Phrasal Verbs in Use (Advanced) for Upper Intermediate to Advanced Levels
- By Special Request special requests: MBA mock interview, poster presentation, academic English, English for business meetings
- Phrasal Verbs in Use (Intermediate) for Lower Intermediate to Intermediate Levels
- Customized Session for TK-san customized for a specific student-client
- 50-minute Free-form Conversations (Chat in English) Talk about anything under the sun, and I'll guide you with tips and corrections.
- English for Nurses (Patient Scenarios: Encounters and Interviews) a customized course of lessons
- Reel English (TV) Watch and Learn.