Watercolor Painting Class
Its not as hard as you think! Just learn the tricks and painting techniques ;) And You will surely fall in love with watercolor painting!
Class Level: Beginners/ Intermediate (high school and adult learners)
Overview and Purpose:
In this class, we will have a comprehensible learning experience on watercolor painting basics. Every lesson will cover the application of fundamentals in art and different techniques.
Practice makes perfect! Let the watercolor medium express and render your composition and imagination! Let's fall in love with watercolor painting!
The Learner is expected to:
1. be able to use the design basics and art fundamentals in painting composition and art piece.
2. be able to track your painting skills and knowledge through our Art Critique Sessions.
3. to be able to independetly apply the acquired skills and theory in one's painting piece.
We need pencils, watercolor paper, brushes, and other helpful materials. Please refer to the required materials and specification that will be given before the lesson.
Don't worry if you still have no idea on how to properly work with your watercolor materials and tools. That's the reason why you are taking this class. Give it a try and just paint your watercolor frustrations. Haha. As for your queries and suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know. We can also redesign the set of your lessons according to your preferences.
Below are the pictures of Student's Sample Painting Activities and Lessons.
(posted with permision from the strudents)
Water Color Techniques
The Color Wheel
Color Mixing Study: Creating Neutral Palette
Value Scale: Warm Colors
Value Scale: Cool Colors
Color Harmony: Complimentary Colors
Color Harmony: Achromatic Colors
Theory Application: Color Scheming
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Tagalog Warm-Up Shorter lesson time perfect for a beginner speaker of Tagalog.
- Basic Sketching and Drawing Class Worry no more! Learn the tricks and techniques, and the BASIC drawing compositional skills as well! It's worth the try! ;)
- Free Talk with Jaja~ Gain the confidence and let's have the interesting chit chats to any topic you want!
- Kid's Comprehensible Sketching Class Hello! This is a comprehensible sketching class to your children with growing art interest. We will cover the basic of sketching until they can independently draw on their own soon. ;)
- Comprehensive Tagalog Pack This is a comprehensive class with useful materials perfect for both beginners and intermediate level.
- Art and Design Talk with Jaja :) need Art and Design consultation? Talk with me! :)
- Watercolor Painting Class Its not as hard as you think! Just learn the tricks and painting techniques ;) And You will surely fall in love with watercolor painting!
- Children Art Class Kids always love the Art! Let them play, think and imagine! :)
- English Conversation (4x) Gain the confidence and let's have the interesting chit chats to any topic you want!
- Children's Art Class (x4) + 1 FREE Kids always love the Art! Let them play, think and imagine! :)
- Basic Sketching and Drawing Class (x4) + 1 FREE + (1 more FREE) Worry no more! Learn the tricks and techniques, and the BASIC drawing compositional skills as well! It's worth the try! ;)
- Watercolor Painting Class (x4) + 1 FREE + (1 more FREE) It's not as hard as you think! Just learn the tricks and painting techniques ;) And You will surely fall in love with watercolor painting!
- Crafts and Design Class Be an instant designer and learn how to be! We will explore easy and fun ideas for home decorating and DIY crafting! Isn't that exciting? :)
Feedback from students
In this lesson, I tried to make the value of 12 colors by myself. Jaja first taught me how to work on it and just led me focus on the activity afterwords. This activity is quite good to train my skills of observation to see the deference between tints and shadows of the color even if it's tiny deference. I think this is one of the required skill for artist. Also I can train the skill of water color painting as well. One of the great things of her lesson is that she lets me try new activities with what I learned and obtained in the previous lessons so that I can understand further and use the technic more freely. I atrongly believe that keeping in practice and trying new things with continuous review is one of the key to lead myself to put upper level. In this lesson, I focus on value, which is one of elements of art and this is what I leaned before. Through this lesson, I can understand "value" more and deeper. Thank you so much for the amazing lessons as always! Can't wait for our next lesson <3
This is my 2nd water color lesson with Jaja. We worked on painting and making our own color wheel together and it's actually very fun! To be honest, I had been thinking that coloring the wheel was kinda piece of cake as I already knew how we create the secondary and third color, like, red and yellow =orange. But there are huge difference between just having the knowledge and Put it in practice. I leaned it... Felt it through this lesson. I need more practice and want to make better color wheel! She always let me have those essential knowledge and practice it through challenging activity. When I stuck with it, she helps me giving some tips. I really like the way she teaches :)