Transcribe Short Clips
Can you catch what's being said?
*This is a Non-Skype lesson*
**Students do not need to purchase separate feedback for this class**
This lesson is for students who would like to work on their listening and writing.
I've assembled several short (0:30~1:30) Youtube clips. Students can select one clip of their choice from here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ANzKxPfy7tknFYqsqPk99Axe_YU9HV-QU3hLi96NGCg/edit?usp=sharing
Please listen to the clip of your choice and then transcribe it. After you are finished, send me your completed transcript. After that, I will send you my own copy of the transcript with vocabulary and culture notes attached.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Free Talk in English Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on Free Talk in English lessons (25 minute)
- Kids Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on kids classes!
- Describing Pictures for Kids! (No feedback) Learn with colourful and fun photos!
- 25 Minute Class Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on 25 minute classes!
- Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's enjoy having a fun free talk in English♪
- Course Counselling Session A chance to get to know your new tutor and ask any questions you may have about my lessons!
- Rhys Sensei's Super Fun Kodomo Eikaiwa! (3~8 years old) (No feedback) Learn English through stories, songs and colours!
- 25 Minute Version of 50 Any Minute Class (No feedback) Shorter version of any 50 minute class (No feedback)
- Detailed Lesson Review Detailed lesson review for a lesson of your choice
- Grammar in Use (Beginner/Intermediate) (No Feedback) Brush up your grammar with the popular "Grammar in Use" series from Cambridge
- Learn to Play Chess From the Basics! (No feedback) Have you ever wanted to learn chess or brush up your skills?
- 50 Minute Class Lesson Pack (5 lessons) Save on 50 minute lessons!
- Textbook English for Beginners (No feedback) Learn from an enjoyable textbook and get a strong English foundation!
- Quick Lesson for Busy People (No feedback) Would you like to learn English but are starved for time?
- Toughen up Your English with Phrasal Verbs! (No feedback) Break out of your English shell and learn some phrasal verbs!
- Practice Your English Through Describing Pictures! (No feedback) Improve your descriptive abilities!
- Learn English with BBC News (No feedback) Learn English through the BBC's online newspaper or online videos
- Extended Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's free talk about anything~
- Reading Short Stories for Kids! (6~11 years old) (No Feedback) Learn through fun and interesting stories!
- TED Talks Lesson (No feedback) Learn English through fun and educational TED Talks!
- Listening Comprehension (No Feedback) Improve your listening through short dialogues!
- Transcribe Short Clips Can you catch what's being said?
- English Role Play Lesson for Beginners (No feedback) Improve your spoken English through simple dialogues
- Extended Free Talk Lesson Pack (5 Lessons) Save on the Extended Free Talk lesson!
Feedback from students
It was fun working on "Transcribe Short Clips". I thought it was easy when I saw it, but once I started, I had to concentrate a lot. It's great way to test my listening and writing skill. Thank you!
選ぶ動画のラインナップが全部面白くて、楽しくレッスン出来ました。リース先生も優しく、丁寧に対応してくれました。引き続き、リスニングを強化していきたいと思います。ありがとうございました！ The vedeos which Mr.Rhys sent me was all fun! So I was fun while the lesson. Mr.Rhys was kind and politely. I want to keep trying to study English.
普段ならじっくり見ることのないでも日常に溢れている写真を用いて、それらを英語で説明するといったレッスンです。リース先生のかわいい笑顔ももちろんですが、どんな答えでも優しく受け止めてくれます しっかり訂正も行ってくれます。短い時間でもレッスンのあとは英語脳になってます。 どうしてもわからない時には日本語で聞くことができるので安心です。
This lesson is very useful to know what words I can not catch. The teacher quickly sent back to me with his corrections.
Transcribe Short Clipsは初めてのチャレンジでした。短い内容だから簡単にできると思ったのですが、いざとやってみたらとんでもない、聞き取れない単語などを何度も聞いてもわからにことがありました。なんとか書いて送ったら先生の添削、説明を送られてきました。なるほど！！日常の会話、コマーシャルはスピードが速いのでなれないと簡単に聞き取れることは難しいなと思いました。めげずに頑張りたいです。