50 Minute News
Get current in Current Events!
The internet is full of news stories in English, but maybe you want a little help understanding them. Maybe you just want to practice talking in English with topics you can't find in a English text book.
This class uses a mix of reading, speaking and listening exercises centered around topics you care about in the news today.
How does this class work?
- Reading - You choose a short article or topic that interests you before class. That means, you choose your own homework!
- Speaking - We use the vocabulary in the article you chose to talk about the topic. We practice any grammar points from the article that you are unsure about.
- (Optional) Listening Practice - You also listen to a short article about the same topic to work on listening comprehension. Then we can talk about our topic in more detail.
Popular topics include:
- Movie stars and tv
- Scientific discovery
- Natural disasters and weather
- Fashion and style
This class is ideal for intermediate to advanced students.
Taking a trial class is highly recommended in order to decide on topics.
I also offer the same course with shorter classtimes.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Pronunciation Practice Class Improve your speaking!
- 25 Minute Conversation Class Let's Talk!
- Cambridge Textbook Course (Ten 40-Minute classes) Speaking with structure!
- 50 Minute Conversation Class Let's get you talking!
- IELTS Prep Class Get ready to succeed!
- English for Business Learn to "mean business" for business in English.
- What's in the News? x2 Get current in Current Events!
- 50 Minute News Get current in Current Events!
- 25 Minute Conversation Class with Writing Check Work on your Speaking and Writing together!
- 25 Minute Video Discussion Class Watch short videos and discuss the topic.
- 50 Minute Conversation Class with Writing Check Work on your speaking and writing together!
- 50 Minute Video Discussion Class Watch short videos and discuss the topic.
- 20 Minute Free Talk Feel free talking in English!
- English Writing Practice - Offline/No Skype Improve your writing skills in English!
- IELTS Prep Class For IELTS writing and speaking preparation ~
Feedback from students
She always prepares teaching materials that are interesting and educational. Her lesson helps me to improve my speaking skill.