Reading Short Stories for Kids! (6~11 years old) (No Feedback)
Learn through fun and interesting stories!
*I do not provide feedback for this lesson (including trials); students who would like feedback should purchase it separately.*
**Please make sure to read the lesson description before booking!**
The focus of this lesson is to help elementary-aged children improve their reading through short stories. It will also touch on pronunciation, vocabulary and writing.
The short stories used are for American school children from grades 1 to 5.
Samples are available here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Yry_SfibGQSVJJejM1Tmg3N0U&usp=sharing
Before booking a lesson, please check the samples to see which level is best for your child. Upon requesting a lesson, please notify me which level is suitable for your child and then I will send some stories.
Here is how the lesson will be carried out:
1.) Read the story out loud
2.) Pronunciation correction
3.) Acquire new vocabulary
4.) Answer content questions (finish remaining questions for homework)
Please bring a pencil, eraser and printed out short story to the lesson. (If you do not have a printer, please display the story on a device and bring blank paper to answer questions.)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Kids Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on kids classes!
- Rhys Sensei's Super Fun Kodomo Eikaiwa! (3~8 years old) (No feedback) Learn English through stories, songs and colours!
- Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's enjoy having a fun free talk in English♪
- Learn to Play Chess From the Basics! (No feedback) Have you ever wanted to learn chess or brush up your skills?
- Reading Short Stories for Kids! (6~11 years old) (No Feedback) Learn through fun and interesting stories!
- Detailed Lesson Review Detailed lesson review for a lesson of your choice
- Textbook English for Beginners (No feedback) Learn from an enjoyable textbook and get a strong English foundation!
- Course Counselling Session A chance to get to know your new tutor and ask any questions you may have about my lessons!
- Quick Lesson for Busy People (No feedback) Would you like to learn English but are starved for time?
- Practice Your English Through Describing Pictures! (No feedback) Improve your descriptive abilities!
- Toughen up Your English with Phrasal Verbs! (No feedback) Break out of your English shell and learn some phrasal verbs!
- 25 Minute Class Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on 25 minute classes!
- Extended Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's free talk about anything~
- Learn English with BBC News (No feedback) Learn English through the BBC's online newspaper or online videos
- Free Talk in English Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on Free Talk in English lessons (25 minute)
- 50 Minute Class Lesson Pack (5 lessons) Save on 50 minute lessons!
- Describing Pictures for Kids! (No feedback) Learn with colourful and fun photos!
- Listening Comprehension (No Feedback) Improve your listening through short dialogues!
- Transcribe Short Clips Can you catch what's being said?
- English Role Play Lesson for Beginners (No feedback) Improve your spoken English through simple dialogues
- Grammar in Use (Beginner/Intermediate) (No Feedback) Brush up your grammar with the popular "Grammar in Use" series from Cambridge
- TED Talks Lesson (No feedback) Learn English through fun and educational TED Talks!
- Extended Free Talk Lesson Pack (5 Lessons) Save on the Extended Free Talk lesson!
- 25 Minute Version of 50 Any Minute Class (No feedback) Shorter version of any 50 minute class (No feedback)
Feedback from students
今日も始まる前からウキウキしていました。最近タイピングが出来るようになってきたので、自分でRhys先生にメッセージを送ったり、 またRhys先生からメッセージをもらえるのを楽しみにしているようです。今日はそれがたまたまなかったようで、その点は物足りなかった ようですが、全体としてはいつものように楽しかったようです。また次回も宜しくお願いします。
My daughter always looks forward to Rhys’s lesson very much. Thanks to him, her English is getting better and better. I hope that she will continue learning by enjoying his lessons as long as possible.
レッスン前のsmall talkにもすっかり慣れたようで、毎回楽しく会話しているようです。 レッスン自体も楽しく受講していて、少しずつ力がついて来ているのが分かります。
久しぶりのレッスンだったため、子供は早くレッスンがやりたいととても楽しみにしていました。 いつものようにRhys先生は分かりやすく説明してくれたようで、今日も楽しかったと言っていました。 また次回も宜しくお願いします。