Reading Short Stories for Kids! (6~11 years old) (No Feedback)
Learn through fun and interesting stories!
*I do not provide feedback for this lesson (including trials); students who would like feedback should purchase it separately.*
**Please make sure to read the lesson description before booking!**
The focus of this lesson is to help elementary-aged children improve their reading through short stories. It will also touch on pronunciation, vocabulary and writing.
The short stories used are for American school children from grades 1 to 5.
Samples are available here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Yry_SfibGQSVJJejM1Tmg3N0U&usp=sharing
Before booking a lesson, please check the samples to see which level is best for your child. Upon requesting a lesson, please notify me which level is suitable for your child and then I will send some stories.
Here is how the lesson will be carried out:
1.) Read the story out loud
2.) Pronunciation correction
3.) Acquire new vocabulary
4.) Answer content questions (finish remaining questions for homework)
Please bring a pencil, eraser and printed out short story to the lesson. (If you do not have a printer, please display the story on a device and bring blank paper to answer questions.)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Quick Lesson for Busy People (No feedback) Would you like to learn English but are starved for time?
- 25 Minute Class Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on 25 minute classes!
- Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's enjoy having a fun free talk in English♪
- Describing Pictures for Kids! (No feedback) Learn with colourful and fun photos!
- Listening Comprehension (No Feedback) Improve your listening through short dialogues!
- Rhys Sensei's Super Fun Kodomo Eikaiwa! (3~8 years old) (No feedback) Learn English through stories, songs and colours!
- Practice Your English Through Describing Pictures! (No feedback) Improve your descriptive abilities!
- Kids Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on kids classes!
- English Role Play Lesson for Beginners (No feedback) Improve your spoken English through simple dialogues
- Course Counselling Session A chance to get to know your new tutor and ask any questions you may have about my lessons!
- Detailed Lesson Review Detailed lesson review for a lesson of your choice
- TED Talks Lesson (No feedback) Learn English through fun and educational TED Talks!
- Learn English with BBC News (No feedback) Learn English through the BBC's online newspaper or online videos
- Free Talk in English Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on Free Talk in English lessons (25 minute)
- Reading Short Stories for Kids! (6~11 years old) (No Feedback) Learn through fun and interesting stories!
- Transcribe Short Clips Can you catch what's being said?
- Extended Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's free talk about anything~
- Learn to Play Chess From the Basics! (No feedback) Have you ever wanted to learn chess or brush up your skills?
- Grammar in Use (Beginner/Intermediate) (No Feedback) Brush up your grammar with the popular "Grammar in Use" series from Cambridge
- Toughen up Your English with Phrasal Verbs! (No feedback) Break out of your English shell and learn some phrasal verbs!
- Extended Free Talk Lesson Pack (5 Lessons) Save on the Extended Free Talk lesson!
- Textbook English for Beginners (No feedback) Learn from an enjoyable textbook and get a strong English foundation!
- 25 Minute Version of 50 Any Minute Class (No feedback) Shorter version of any 50 minute class (No feedback)
- 50 Minute Class Lesson Pack (5 lessons) Save on 50 minute lessons!
Feedback from students
Thank you for everything, always!
Small talkで娘が話すどんなことにも興味を持って調べて話を広げてくれているようで、 娘はそのことをレッスン後とても嬉しそうに話してくれます。レッスンはもちろんのこと、 子供の話にもちゃんと耳を傾けてくれる素晴らしい先生です。