Learn Japanese at your own pace!
Learn Japanese at your own pace!
1. lively / full of spirit / energetic / vigorous / vital / spirited
2. healthy / well / fit / in good health
This is how you will feel learning Japanese!
About The Lesson / Texbook
Using the textbook "Genki I" (Second Edition, available on Amazon!) as a base, we'll move through the fundamentals of Japanese in a comprehensive way. This book was selected for these lessons because it's readily available, used by many high schools and universities, and because it has worked for me! The Genki series offers additional apps and flash cards if you'd like to supplement these lessons with self-study. I'm also happy to incorporate the things you like (movies, music, anime, etc.) into the lessons!
This comprehensive approach involves speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, context, and more!
This book also features "Culture Notes," so you can study more than just the language.
The textbook is available on Amazon
HINT: It may be cheaper to register on Amazon.jp and order from there! Shipping might cost more, but the books are much cheaper!
If you decide to purchase the workbook, we can include workbook pages or assignments into the lessons.
The workbook is also available on Amazon.
I've been living in Japan for almost a decade, and understand what it's like to learn the ins and outs of Japanese! Outside of Cafetalk, I work as a translator and voice-actor/narrator. I'd be happy to give you tips and recommendations that are suited to your Japan goals. Please feel free to ask me anything.
These lessons are customized to your level and goals! Please let me know if there's anything in particular that you'd like to study. Whether you're attacking the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, enjoying Japanese-related activities in your free time, planning to visit Japan, etc., this lesson is just for you!
Although it's helpful, you don't need it for a trial lesson or your first lesson. Please note that the textbook is absolutely necessary for regular lessons. Please let me know ahead of time if you don't have it! :)
I look forward to talking with you!
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 英訳５００文字 ~ Translation J --> E 日本語から英語に！Translate Japanese into English!
- 500 words添削レッスン！Proofreading/correction service! きれいにわかりやすい英語で書きましょう！（解説なしバージョン）
- Ugly Betty! アグリー・ベティ！ 大人気ドラマ Ugly Betty のスクリプトを読みながら、映像をみてもっと面白くてもっとエンジョイしましょう！英語のニュアンスがたくさん... が！どんどん理解して自分の英語力が自然にスキルアップ！
- Enjoy chatting! ２５分フリートーク！ 会話をエンジョイしましょう！
- 今週の面白い記事トーク！ Let's talk about fun and interesting articles.. at your pace!
- 英訳１００文字 ~ Translation J --> E 日本語から英語に！Translate Japanese into English!
- What's on your mind? 悩み相談室 Counselling in English / Japanese 日本語・英語でカウンセリング
- ２５分 English Conversation Questions Practice! 英会話練習！ Answer basic English questions... quickly and correctly! 一般の質問を正しく迅速に答えたり聞いたり、英語を身につることができます！
- 写真で覚えるビジネス英語（オフィス編） Let's use the textbook, "Business at a Glance!" (In the Office)
- Soul Pancake ソールパンケーキ 面白い教科書を使って、“人生の質問を考えましょう！” 楽しくて、面白くて、どんどん会話しましょう。
- Japanese 101! Learn Japanese at your own pace!
- 100 words添削レッスン！Proofreading/correction service! きれいにわかりやすい英語で書きましょう！（解説なしバージョン）
- 写真で覚えるビジネス英語教科書（商談・交渉編） Let's use the textbook, "Business English at a Glance!" (Negotiations).
- CUSTOM ITINERARY for your trip to Japan! Planning a trip to Japan? Let me help iron out all the details so that you can make the most of your time here!
- ゲーム用語 - Let's talk about video games! ゲーム用語を使ってみませんか？ゲーム好きの方向けのレッスンです！ゲーム屋店長として経験のある講師からゲームのことを楽しくて話しましょう！
- Phone call to your phone! ５回英語で電話が掛かってくる！（それとも３回１０分！） I will call your smartphone (via Skype) 5 times for 5 minutes! 自分のスマホを使って英語で電話しましょう！１回コールは５分です。（５回コール x ５分 = ２５分！）
- Shopping Workshop Shopping in another country? Do you need to speak English to customers at your job? Are you interested in shopping online in English? Let's have fun shopping in English!
- 写真で覚えるビジネス英語教科書 （海外出張編） Let's use the textbook, "Business English at a Glance!" (Business Trips)
- 翻訳・添削・英訳の解説 - Translation/Proofreading explanations 私の英訳のレッスンを受けた方向き、完成のファイルを解説致します。もちろんご質問ございましたらどうぞ！Let's talk about your translated file!
- PERSONALIZED Japan Travel Advice! Coming to Japan? Moving to Japan? Let me help with any questions or concerns you might have!
- １００ワードまでプロナレーター録音！100-word Recording From a Pro Narrator! アメリカ人ネイティブプロナレーター録音！
Feedback from students
Jenny takes the time to tailor and design classes based on what the student needs and will require in the real world. While we do use a book for reference and building skills, she also incorporates many other situations, words, and phrases in ways a book or cd simply cannot. I am very impressed with how well organized the classes are and how they are geared for everyday situations and encounters.
Very intelligent and extremely knowledgeable teacher. Jenny has great communication skills and plans lessons according to areas the student would like to focus on and situations they will likely encounter everyday. I look forward to learning a lot more with Jenny's assistance.
I have learned SO much from this class and would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn Japanese. Jenny is a great teacher!
My first lesson with Jenny was really great! She is really easy to talk to and is very encouraging! I also received good follow up after the lesson and am looking forward to more in the future! :)