What really makes the world tick!
This is my most advanced course! If your English is already quite advanced and you are looking for a 1) fascinating, 2) challenging, and 3) cost effective course that will help you develop a very rich vocabulary and perfect your listening and writing skills, this may be the course for you!
It is designed around full-length documentaries. The documentaries typically include interviews with specialists from around the world discussing issues that are of critical interest to all of us. What makes these documentaries so valuable is they incorporate:
- a sophisticaled university level vocabulary; and
- many of the common idioms that educated people use every day.
How it works:
Step 1. You watch a documentary that lasts anywhere between 15 to 120 minutes (Median=50 minutes). Purpose? You are learning to HEAR the most sophisticated English on the planet.
Step 2. While watching the video, you write down and time-date any questions you have regarding 1) the English, 2) the idioms, 3) the financial, economic or geopolitical implications of the content that you'd like to discuss. Purpose? To master your understanding of the content and lay the foundation for sophisticated, university level conversation.
Step 3. With each video comes a list of 17 in-depth questions. This is the written exercise. Because the questions are sophisticated, you are learning to express a university level English. Most students write between 80-120 words per question, so 1,700 words total. Purpose? Perfect your ability to discuss and write about sophisticated university level topics that are of importance to all of us living on Spaceship Earth.
Step 4. For advanced students, there is the ability to do additional research and write an essay. This is my most advanced exercise. In this lesson, we will spend time to 1) correct your English, 2) make it more colorful and engaging so that you hold the reader's attention, 3) explore ways to make it more powerful so that readers are left with an Enduring impression.
In the end, language is not about words or grammar. It's about you having the courage and confidence to express YOUR ideas. That's what makes this course so fun and interesting. It's one of my most popular courses... and for good reason... a lot of you have curious minds and, like me, value thinking outside the box.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Geopolitical Insights What really makes the world tick!
- Advanced English Group Lesson Pack for Accelerated Learning
- Strategy Session Identify the right Strategy & Achieve your goals!
- Casual English Group Lesson Pack for those who want to progress at a relaxed pace.
- Master English Expression Express beautiful, sophisticated, colorful & compelling English!
- Let's Talk Economics Economic Factors that Rule your life!
- Professional Evaluation Achieve Maximum Fluency: Know your goals, strengths and weaknesses!
- Ultimate English Expression Build confidence fast! An accelerated program for professionals.
- Let's Talk History Learn History and English at the same time!
- Bloomberg Now Discus advanced business topics!
- Let's Talk Science Scientific Mysteries Unraveled!
- Business Strategy Deal Structure, Product positioning & Effective Agreements
- The Imagine Course Imagination: the Key to Expression!
- Achieve Fluent Conversation Discover "natural" English!
- World Business Master Business English!
- Enduring English Group Lesson Pack for those who want to master Unbelievable English.
- Let's Talk Philosophy Discuss philosophy, East & West!
- Master Business Communication Emails, Resumes, Proposals, Presentations... Get it right!
- Let's Talk Yoga Discover the ancient science of yoga!
- Let's Talk Art The inquiry that is art!
- Let's Rock & Roll The amazing history of rock & roll.
- Financial Modeling Powerful Financial Models that get deals closed
- Let's Talk Today Deepening Awareness of Today's Issues
- Professional English Group Lesson Pack for Business Professionals
- Extreme English Gold Accelerated English for corporate executives
- Extreme English Silver Accelerated English for corporate executives
Feedback from students