TED Talks Lesson (No feedback)
Learn English through fun and educational TED Talks!
*Effective August 1, 2015 all students who would like lesson feedback must purchase it separately for all lessons (Except "Course Counselling" and trial lessons).
TED Talks are short educational talks given by a variety of people and that cover a wide field of topics. Some of those fields include medicine, science, philosophy, sociology, astronomy, linguistics and much more!
Our lesson will generally follow the following pattern:
Before the lesson:
1.) I will send you a TED Talk clip before our lesson. (Or, if you have a preference, you are free to choose a clip of your choice too!)
2.) Take notes of any grammar, phrases, or vocabulary that you did not understand. Also, it is important to note the times in the video that something appeared unfamiliar to you. (For example, "at 3:08 in the video, there was a word I didn't understand.") You do not need to spend too much time looking up each individual word; we will go over that during the lesson.
During the lesson:
1.) Ask me any vocabulary, phrases, or grammar that was unfamiliar.
2.) I will ask you to summarize the video clip, and explain to me the main points as well.
3.) I will ask you several questions about the content of the TED Talks video clip.
4.) Lastly, we will discuss and dialogue about the content and message of the video.
The order of the lesson is very flexible! Please let me know if you would like to do something more specific or different.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Kids Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on kids classes!
- Reading Short Stories for Kids! (6~11 years old) (No Feedback) Learn through fun and interesting stories!
- Extended Free Talk Lesson Pack (5 Lessons) Save on the Extended Free Talk lesson!
- Course Counselling Session A chance to get to know your new tutor and ask any questions you may have about my lessons!
- TED Talks Lesson (No feedback) Learn English through fun and educational TED Talks!
- Rhys Sensei's Super Fun Kodomo Eikaiwa! (3~8 years old) (No feedback) Learn English through stories, songs and colours!
- Extended Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's free talk about anything~
- Listening Comprehension (No Feedback) Improve your listening through short dialogues!
- Toughen up Your English with Phrasal Verbs! (No feedback) Break out of your English shell and learn some phrasal verbs!
- Quick Lesson for Busy People (No feedback) Would you like to learn English but are starved for time?
- Free Talk in English (No feedback) Let's enjoy having a fun free talk in English♪
- Textbook English for Beginners (No feedback) Learn from an enjoyable textbook and get a strong English foundation!
- Describing Pictures for Kids! (No feedback) Learn with colourful and fun photos!
- Practice Your English Through Describing Pictures! (No feedback) Improve your descriptive abilities!
- 50 Minute Class Lesson Pack (5 lessons) Save on 50 minute lessons!
- English Role Play Lesson for Beginners (No feedback) Improve your spoken English through simple dialogues
- Learn English with BBC News (No feedback) Learn English through the BBC's online newspaper or online videos
- Learn to Play Chess From the Basics! (No feedback) Have you ever wanted to learn chess or brush up your skills?
- Grammar in Use (Beginner/Intermediate) (No Feedback) Brush up your grammar with the popular "Grammar in Use" series from Cambridge
- 25 Minute Version of 50 Any Minute Class (No feedback) Shorter version of any 50 minute class (No feedback)
- Detailed Lesson Review Detailed lesson review for a lesson of your choice
- Transcribe Short Clips Can you catch what's being said?
- 25 Minute Class Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on 25 minute classes!
- Free Talk in English Lesson Pack (10 Lessons) Save on Free Talk in English lessons (25 minute)
Feedback from students
I had enjoyable time with talking about lyrics of "all need you is love". It's hard to understand each verse especialy as I asked phrase "nothing you can see that isn't shown ? there's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're mean to be. It's easy". But thanks for you sending file, it make me more clear understand that. See you.
英語で伝えることができない場面が何度もあったのですが，嫌な顔ひとつせず待っていただき，安心して受講できました。 TEDのコースを受講したのですが，もう少し予習をしておけばよかったです。 また時間があればとってみたいです。 レッスンをありがとうございました。