Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!)
This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
Dear Cafetalk Community,
This lesson provides proofreading and correction services for any kind of written English. No matter what the content or purpose is for your writing in English, I will be happy to provide my services.
- Proofread your English writing --> correct all grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Suggest better ways --> to express certain phrases or sentences to make your writing sound more natural.
- Make your writing better overall --> I assure you that I can improve your English writing once I proofread your work.
[Any kind of writing is accepted:]
- English Speech Contests
- journal/diary entries
- emails - work and personal
- office documents
- research/scholarly papers
- correspondence of any kind
- Eiken, TOEFL, and other exam preparation
- University and International School applications
[500-word limit for 1400 points]
This lesson has a 500-word limit for 1400 points.
Please calculate the length of your writing accordingly. Or you can email me your writing and I can give you an estimate before I proofread your work. If you would like an estimate please mention it when you submit your lesson request.
[Prompt and efficient service:]
I will get your writing proofed and sent back to you within 48 hours (2 days max). If you need your writing back sooner, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your rush request. (I will accommodate your rush order as long as I don't have any other lessons and obligations that's already scheduled.)
This lesson is conducted using asynchronous communication. We will communicate by email via the Cafetalk website. There is no Skype session. You can send your writing with your "Lesson Request," and I will respond with a confirmation of receipt.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I look forward to being of service to help you improve your English writing skills. Why not check your English to see if your writing is grammatically correct and make it be better? Thank you for reading the description of this lesson. I appreciate your time and consideration. See you soon!
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- TED Talks Discussion (Intermediate English) This lesson uses one of the TED Talks videos of your choice. You will be asked to write an essay about the topic and I will correct it. During the lesson, we will have a discussion about the topic prompted by my questions.
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!