"Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!)
Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
Hello Cafetalk Community!
My name is Lady Ayame and I am an English tutor. I thought I would fulfill a specific need and it would be beneficial to add a "Role Play in English" Lesson!
First, I am a professional and trained actress in many areas of acting, including "improvisation." Apart from my prolific work in American films and TV Shows, I have trained with improvisation groups called "The Actor's Gang" and "Cold Tofu." I feel my background as an actress gives me the additional qualifications to conduct role-play lessons. I am used to speaking impromptu and ad-libs within the context of the situation.
Have you ever wanted to practice a specific dialogue, scenario, or speech with someone else out loud? Practicing the situation with me out loud first will help you prepare for the real-life experience. The difference is that your mind will trigger the thought that you have experienced the situation before, and it will automatically know what to do and what to say. As a result, in the real experience, you will get an automatic sense of familiarity and comfort, as well as a sense of confidence that you didn't have before.
[Example situations:] --> I can perform any type of conversation appropriate for any situation
- Job Interview for a position that requires English-speaking skills
- Interview to apply for an International school or university
- Practice for an "English Speech Contest"
- Shopping in a foreign store abroad
- Hotel Reservations and Lobby Reception interaction
- Practice for an "English Presentation" for school or work
- Speaking to officials at the airport while traveling
- Speaking to the waitress or waiter in a restaurant abroad
- Travel Agent -- Speaking English with clients
- Administrators at a University -- welcoming a foreign professor attending a conference
- ( I can accommodate a wide variety of different situations depending on your needs)
Give the "ROLE PLAY" Lesson a try! You just might find it beneficial to practice your interview or speech out loud. Keep practicing until you feel comfortable and confident enough to face the real situation.
I wish you the very best and only wish to help! If you feel this lesson would help you, please request a lesson at any time. If possible, please let me know what the situation is that you want to enact before the lesson.
Thank you for your interest in this lesson, as well as my profile page! I would appreciate the opportunity to meet you. It's nice of you to read this lesson description. Have a wonderful day!
Lessons offered by this tutor
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- "Real Life English" Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- Beginning Japanese Lesson - Let's talk! This course is perfect if you are a beginner studying the Japanese language. Learn easy Japanese phrases, words, and expressions. Primarily a free talk lesson!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students