Words Your Way
Balanced approach to improving literacy skills
This class is a sequenced and systematic approach to balanced literacy. The class is organized into topics, such as emergent literacy, phonemic awareness, phonics, spellng, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing. Activities in the lesson are supported with materials for students to review and practice independently. Focusing on literacy skills, such as reading and writing will also increase student awareness of his or her learning style while building vocabulary and improving pronunciation.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- English for Fun Flexible conversation classes
- Cup of Coffee English Casual conversation practice to keep up and brush up on English conversations skills
- English for Moms and Kids Everyday English phrases for moms and kids.
- Academic Writing in English Help understand the mistakes you make in order to not make them in the future.
- Idiom of the Day Figurative and Functional One Point English Lessons
- Talking with Teens Conversation classes for middle school and high school students
- English for Traveling Practice learning and using English phrases which will make life easier when you travel abroad.
- Feed me English! Share my hunger for English!
- Sports Chat Impossible is Nothing
- English and Mass Media Using written English to practice all skills
- Grammar Nerds Have a grammar question and need clarification?
- Well Said Pronunciation Assessment and Practice
- the PROOF of the pudding "In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made proof-readers." Mark Twain- 1893
- Words Your Way Balanced approach to improving literacy skills