Dear Diary... (with 25-minute Skype class)
Practice your writing skills with a personal English diary!
Writing is an excellent way to strengthen your language skills. For this lesson, you will write a diary before class (200 words or less). You may write about anything you want. Maybe you had a fun vacation recently. Or perhaps you had a great day shopping with your friends. Or maybe you had a terrible day at work! Any topic is fine!
Then, in class, we will read and discuss your diary entry together. I will help you correct any errors in spelling and grammar. I will also help you make your sentences more natural, and I will show you how to use new expressions, idioms, or vocabulary words to make your text even better. This is a 25-minute class. You may send your document to me before class, or you can simply bring your text to class.
Don't have a time for a 25-minute class? No problem! There is a version of this lesson *without* a Skype class: "Dear Diary... (no lesson)". In this case, you can send me your text on Cafetalk, and I will simply proofread it. I will put my comments and corrections in different colors so you can see my corrections clearly. Then I will send the document back to you.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Listen Up à la carte A shorter version of my popular listening lesson!
- Dear Diary... (with 25-minute Skype class) Practice your writing skills with a personal English diary!
- Picture Description 101 A class about describing pictures, places, people....
- Picture Description à la carte A short 25-minute version of the popular lesson Picture Description
- Reading Time For students who love to read! Reading comprehension class.
- Listen Up! Listening activities with a natural American accent!
- Coffee Talk Let's have a nice, casual chat over a hot cup of coffee or tea!
- La Conversation Française Bonjour à tous! Come practice your French with a fluent speaker!
- French for Beginners Learn French for complete beginners with a textbook series!
- Video Summary - (with 50-minute Skype class) Work on your listening comprehension and your writing composition while watching interesting videos!
- NEW! Random Topic Chat Let's have a relaxed chat about a random topic! A great challenge for advanced students!
- Practice Makes Perfect English grammar exercises based on your personal needs!
- Coffee Talk à la carte A shorter version of your favorite conversation lesson!
- Create-a-class Want a specific class that isn't on my list? Make it here!
- La Conversation Française! Bonjour à tous! Come practice your French with a fluent speaker!
- Practice Makes Perfect! English grammar exercises based on your personal needs!
- Writing Check (under 300 words) Get helpful corrections for a document or essay!
- Writing Check (301 - 500 words) Get helpful corrections for a document or essay!
- Double Lesson: 25 minute chat + 50 minute lesson Can't decide which lesson to take? Take two!
- Let's Knit! Do you want to learn to knit? I can teach you!
Feedback from students
When I couldn't make sense of grammar she did elaborate on grammar very kindly and easily. Also this lesson was useful and professional. So you can learn many things from this lesson. Besides she was very kind, friendly and considerate. So you don't need to nervous before the lesson at all, I had a great and enjoy time with this lesson. Thank you for your kindness. :-D