50-minute Lesson Value Pack!
Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
Dear Cafetalk Community,
thank you for taking a look at this "Discount English Lesson Value Pack" for my 50-minute English lessons. I know every student is different, so you can create any combination lesson that best meets your English-learning needs.
For example, if you would like to have a free-talk conversation for the entire 50-minute lesson that's great with me! Or we can have a combination of 1/2 free-talk and one of my other lessons including grammar, quiz, listening, picture description, random question challenge, American idioms, test preparation, or any other exercise you prefer.
The best part of this "Discount Value Pack" is that you get 5 lessons for the price of four. Normally, 1800 points (50-min.) lesson x 5 = 9,000 points. However, with this value pack, you can receive 5 lessons for 7,200 points. In other words, you get one lesson free! (Only 1,440 per lesson)
I am a graduate of UCLA with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. More recently, I achieved a Master's degree in Library and Information Science from the San Jose State University in California.
I am a gentle, friendly, and caring English tutor, but I also take my work very seriously. If you usually take my 50-minute lessons this is a good value for you! Thank you for taking a look at this Discount Value Pack. If you're so inclined, please check out my other lessons and my profile. I appreciate your consideration and interest.
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
This is a 5-lesson pack. You will be issued 5 free coupons when your first lesson is confirmed by the tutor so you can request the remaining lessons. Please note that all requests related to this pack must be taken within 90 days of the confirmation date.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- TED Talks Discussion (Intermediate English) This lesson uses one of the TED Talks videos of your choice. You will be asked to write an essay about the topic and I will correct it. During the lesson, we will have a discussion about the topic prompted by my questions.
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
Breaking news からの記事を話題にしてレッスンしました。テキストは使わずにできる限り自分の知っている言葉を使って英語を話してみました。 分からなくても何度か言い直したり言い替えたりして聞き取ってもらいながら話しました。ニュースのなかの単語を前もって調べたり、また、日ごろ洋画や海外ドラマをみながら英語を、勉強というほどではないけれどちょこちょこと調べたりシャドウイングしたりしていろいろやってきたので、その成果が少し出せたかなという実感が持てる今日のレッスンでした。 Breaking news のレベル６で予習してみましたが、分からない言葉は先生に教えてもらって、そこからまた話題が展開していって、という流れだったので今回の選択は正解だったかなと思いました。あまり簡単でよくわかる教材だと発展も少ないのかな。少し難しいと思える程度がいいのかもしれません。なので今日は先生にもたくさん話していただきました。充実の５０分でした。
Thank you for the lesson today! It was a very good practice and also fun.
今回は自分で選んだarticleでレッスンをお願いしました。予習してからだったのでよく理解しながら受けられました。 じっくり考え頭のなかで整理しながら発話できるようになってきたことから、会話の中身にボリュームを持たせることができ、 気持ちにも余裕があったのでウェブ辞書で調べながら会話することもできました。 英語で話すことがいつにも増してとても楽しいものに感じることができました。 いつもながらじっくり待ってよく話を聞いてくれる先生なので落ち着いて楽しくレッスンを受けることが出来ます。 次のレッスンでは何をネタにしようかロールプレイしながら考えるのも楽しみの一つになってます。
Thank you for your lesson!I could see my weak point in today's lesson!I'm looking forward tonext lesson!