50-minute Lesson Value Pack!
Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
Dear Cafetalk Community,
thank you for taking a look at this "Discount English Lesson Value Pack" for my 50-minute English lessons. I know every student is different, so you can create any combination lesson that best meets your English-learning needs.
For example, if you would like to have a free-talk conversation for the entire 50-minute lesson that's great with me! Or we can have a combination of 1/2 free-talk and one of my other lessons including grammar, quiz, listening, picture description, random question challenge, American idioms, test preparation, or any other exercise you prefer.
The best part of this "Discount Value Pack" is that you get 5 lessons for the price of four. Normally, 1800 points (50-min.) lesson x 5 = 9,000 points. However, with this value pack, you can receive 5 lessons for 7,200 points. In other words, you get one lesson free! (Only 1,440 per lesson)
I am a graduate of UCLA with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. More recently, I achieved a Master's degree in Library and Information Science from the San Jose State University in California.
I am a gentle, friendly, and caring English tutor, but I also take my work very seriously. If you usually take my 50-minute lessons this is a good value for you! Thank you for taking a look at this Discount Value Pack. If you're so inclined, please check out my other lessons and my profile. I appreciate your consideration and interest.
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
This is a 5-lesson pack. You will be issued 5 free coupons when your first lesson is confirmed by the tutor so you can request the remaining lessons. Please note that all requests related to this pack must be taken within 90 days of the confirmation date.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- Beginning Japanese Lesson - Let's talk! This course is perfect if you are a beginner studying the Japanese language. Learn easy Japanese phrases, words, and expressions. Primarily a free talk lesson!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
今日はアメリカ英語のイディオムをいくつか学びました。ストーリーとセンテンスのリーディングもしますが、難しい単語はなくさらっと読める内容なので読解に縛られて途中停止してしまうことがなく気持ちよく進められました。そして、各イディオムについて二択の問題があり、これが理解するのにとても役立ちます。 イディオムは構成された単語の基本の意味を突き詰めて考えてみれば「なるほど～！」手を打ちたくなるほどよくわかり、そのことはとても興味深くまたかなり面白く楽しいものです。 基本は英語によるものですが日本語でも説明してくれるので理解しやすいです。 イディオムは暗記して覚えるしかないとのことですが、これを知っていると知らないとでは洋画や海外ドラマ、ニュース、洋書の楽しさが格段に違ってきますね。 容易なものから難しいものまで数多あるイディオムですが知っていたらちょっとカッコいいかも、なんて自己満足ですが思いました。
I enjoyed your lesson today!Idiom lesson is so fun and text is great to learn English!I take your lesson next time!
I enjoyed idiom lesson!I bet I take your lesson next time!Thank you!
Thank you very much.:)
Thank you very much. Great lesson. ^^