"Manga" English (30 minutes)
This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
Dear Cafetalk Community,
"Manga" or graphic novels are the new wave of the future when it comes to providing visual aid as a form of innovative instruction. For example, there is a book at the library called, "The Manga Guide to Calculus" to teach mathematics with illustrations.
The construct of the lesson is for the students to answer "fill-in-the-blank" questions according to the situation that is depicted in the cartoon.
Please note that you are only able to take two lessons of this course. If you like manga or graphic novels, this might be a fun method to improve your English. I hope you find this class intriguing if manga is your cup of tea!
Also, this class is for beginners and intermediate English learners. If you are an advanced student, this lesson might be too easy for you. Please take the lesson at your discretion.
If you'd like to get a Feedback on the lesson, please be sure to mention it beforehand in your lesson request!
For further information about my academic and professional career, please take a look at my Cafetalk profile!
[This is is the website of the book to Amazon books:]
English Made Easy Volume One: A New ESL Approach: Learning English Through Pictures Paperback – Nov 20 2015
Please give this lesson a try! Hope to see you soon! Thank you for your consideration!
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- Beginning Japanese Lesson - Let's talk! This course is perfect if you are a beginner studying the Japanese language. Learn easy Japanese phrases, words, and expressions. Primarily a free talk lesson!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
先日はレッスンありがとうございました。 マンガの中では言い慣れない表現に戸惑いましたが（学校では学んでいるはず）、改めて確認するきっかけとなりました。 コツコツと自分の使いこなせる表現を増やしていけたらと思います。