English "Listening" Exercise
Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
Dear Cafetalk Community,
thank you for your interest in this lesson. This lesson is aimed to improve your English listening skills. Have you ever wondered how good your listening skills are? Often times, you might not understand or miss what a native English-speaker is saying.
Why don't you challenge yourself to this lesson to see how much you can understand the dialog from a casual conversation that I will read aloud. The narration is followed by questions to test how much you have actually heard.
Sound interesting? Want to improve your listening skills? I'll give you some great hints as to how you can develop and improve your listening skills. This is a fun and interactive class where I give you feedback in the session.
If you are interested, please request a lesson. I think you'll have fun while testing how much you can listen and comprehend Engliish. Why not give it a try? It will be nice to see you!
[*Disclaimer:] I may not be able to always supply written feedback. If you particularly want to receive my feedback, please ask me. I'm really sorry about this but fortunately the number of my students are expanding exponentially and my time is occupied teaching on Skype. I would sincerely appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for your interest. I am a gentle, fun, and caring English tutor and I would like the opportunity to meet you and talk with you!
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- TED Talks Discussion (Intermediate English) This lesson uses one of the TED Talks videos of your choice. You will be asked to write an essay about the topic and I will correct it. During the lesson, we will have a discussion about the topic prompted by my questions.
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
皆さま またまたフィードバックを投稿させて頂きます。Lady Ayame 先生が可愛くて (^^)v シェアしたくなってしまいました。大人の女性を"かわいい"と表現してはいけないでしょうか？ ハリウッド女優でもあるAyame先生に''お元気でしたか？"って挨拶したら、嬉しそうに "Husand とバレンタインディナーに行ったの" ってはにかみながら。。話してくれました。私も女性ですがAyame先生が"かわい過ぎて" とろけそうになりました。(^-^) さて、前回のレッスンで毎週、Ayame 先生にEssayを提出するとお約束しましたから頑張ります。アドバイスも的確ですしレッスン楽しいですよ。次、受けるリスニングテストではもっと出来るようにIELTS のリスニング問題でもトレーニングしておきたいと思います。先生が"リスニング力強化の為にに見ておいて"、ってYouTubeにあるショートムービーのURLを送って下さいました。遊びながら学ぶ内容でとても楽しいです。Lady Ayame 先生のレッスンの魅力を語るにはスペース足りないですね♫ また投稿させて頂きます。(^^)／~~~