This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
Hello Cafetalk Community!
This lesson is a great way to develop your English speaking skills! By describing the picture you see, the exercise challenges you to practice your English communication skills and see if you can express into words what you see in the picture.
Due to the nature of this "picture description" exercise, it ellicits students to speak English. Due to the fact that students have to speak in complete sentences (however short), it challenges the student to use their imagination and express their thoughts into English.
Wouldn't you know it? Before you know it, you're speaking English! Why not give it a try? You can say as much or as little as you want. Most importantly, there are no "right answers." I invite you to do the best you can to find out how much detail you can describe.
I will help you with your pronunciation as you describe the pictures out loud. I will also gently correct your English if there are any mistakes or if there is a more natural way of saying the same thing.
I am a friendly, conscientious, and gentle English tutor, and I would love to have the opportunity to work with you to improve your English. For my background experiences and educational credentials, please take a look at my profile page.
Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to read about this fun lesson! I look forward to meeting you and/or seeing you soon!
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- Proofreading Writing Lesson (No Skype) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- English Grammar Lesson! (30 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- "Real Life English" Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- Beginning Japanese Lesson - Let's talk! This course is perfect if you are a beginner studying the Japanese language. Learn easy Japanese phrases, words, and expressions. Primarily a free talk lesson!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
本日の、レッスンありがとうございました。 家族の具合が悪く、レッスンの予約をキャンセルしなければならない場合がありますが、予約可能な時間帯が多いため、ありがたいです。 また、大変こちらに気を使っていただき、気後れなくレッスンを受けることができます。空いている時間をうまく利用し、今後もお願いしたいと思います。どうぞ、よろしくお願いいたします。
I really had the exciting lesson. I'd like to try ""Random Questions Challenge", next time. Thank you, teacher L. Ayame.