This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
Hello Cafetalk Community!
This lesson is a great way to develop your English speaking skills! By describing the picture you see, the exercise challenges you to practice your English communication skills and see if you can express into words what you see in the picture.
Due to the nature of this "picture description" exercise, it ellicits students to speak English. Due to the fact that students have to speak in complete sentences (however short), it challenges the student to use their imagination and express their thoughts into English.
Wouldn't you know it? Before you know it, you're speaking English! Why not give it a try? You can say as much or as little as you want. Most importantly, there are no "right answers." I invite you to do the best you can to find out how much detail you can describe.
I will help you with your pronunciation as you describe the pictures out loud. I will also gently correct your English if there are any mistakes or if there is a more natural way of saying the same thing.
I am a friendly, conscientious, and gentle English tutor, and I would love to have the opportunity to work with you to improve your English. For my background experiences and educational credentials, please take a look at my profile page.
Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to read about this fun lesson! I look forward to meeting you and/or seeing you soon!
(Patricia Ayame Thomson)
Lessons offered by this tutor
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- American English Discount Pack! (30-min) This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- TED Talks Discussion (Intermediate English) This lesson uses one of the TED Talks videos of your choice. You will be asked to write an essay about the topic and I will correct it. During the lesson, we will have a discussion about the topic prompted by my questions.
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
I took her lessons twice. And I chose different types of lessons. Both lessons were fun and I really enjoyed. The "Pict Chat" that I tried today was so much fun. Ayame sensei is so sweet and kind. She gave me a lot of encouragements. I'd like to try another lesson.
何度か受講させていただきました。 現在外国に住んでいますので、教材を使っての授業の他に、日々の生活で困ったことがないか、些細なことでも質問をし日本語から英語にしてくださるので非常に助かっております。 ネイティブの先生なので、耳が英語にも慣れていく感じが嬉しいです。 Ayame先生の優しい口調も大好きです！