15-minute Free Talk! (American English)
We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
Dear Cafetalk Community!
This lesson is a short 15-minute "free talk." We will have a casual conversation in English about whatever you want to discuss. It's a great chance to speak English with an American native speaker!
I can help you with your homework, travel preparations, conversational skills, pronunciation, vocabulary, American Idioms and grammar in English (and/or Japanese.) I am fluent in both languages in case you need further explanation.
This 15-minute meeting will give me an idea about the level of your English proficiency. If you like, I can prepare a lesson plan for future lessons. This is a good opportunity and place to start our discussion. I look forward to having a chance to meet you!
Even if you have a quick English-related question, all inquiries are welcome! I am a gentle, fun-loving, and patient teacher, and I work well with both children and adults. All levels are welcome.
Hajime mashite! Yoroshiku onegai-shimasu!
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Proofreading Lesson #1 (Up to 200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, homework, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- 15-minute Free Talk! (American English) We can speak English about whatever you want! Let's have a brief conversation!
- Easy Reading Series ("Great Expectations") 5-Lesson Value Pack Are you interested in reading English books? Are you afraid of reading but want to try? This class is for upper-beginners and intermediate English learners. Let's discover the timeless words in Charles Dicken's book, "Great Expectations!"
- American English Discount Pack! This is a 5-Lesson Pack for the price of 4! 1 Lesson Free! (Instead of 1,200 points for each 30-minute lesson, pay only 960 points per lesson!.) Total points for 5 Lesson = 6,000 (With the Value Discount Pack --> Only 4,800 points)
- 50-minute Lesson Value Pack! Get 5 lessons for the price of 4! Get one lesson free! (Normally: 1800 points x 5 = 9000) Get the Discount Value Pack for 7200 points = 1440 pts per lesson! Great value!
- Children's English - 5 Lesson Value Pack 5 Children's English Lessons for the price of 4! One class free!
- Let's Learn American Idioms! Learn "American Idioms" to sound more like a native English-speaker!
- Let's Speak American English! You and me! (50 min) Learn American English having fun using conversation and original material! Perfect for any level!
- Random Question Challenge (30 min) I'll ask you random questions from a list of 250 quality conversational starters!
- Learn English with Breaking News! Build your vocabulary by reading and discussing the breaking news!
- Quick American English Discount Pack! (15 min.) Six lessons for the price of five! One free class! This is a 15-minute lesson for busy people. Let's talk and practice your English!
- English "Listening" Exercise Do you want to check your level of "listening" skills? This is the right lesson for you!
- Picto Chat This picture description challenge is a fun way to develop your English "speaking" skills. Use your imagination and enjoy expressing yourself in English!
- Movie Mania!...Who Said It? Are you an American movie fan? I think you'll enjoy this lesson if you know a lot about classic Hollywood movies and famous movie quotes! Most American native-speakers know these movie lines. Why not give it a try?
- Quick Fun American English! (30 min) An American English "Free Talk" conversation lesson to practice your pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, and comprehension!
- For Children! Learn English with Storytime! This is an English Lesson for children using "Story Telling"!
- TED Talks Discussion (Intermediate English) This lesson uses one of the TED Talks videos of your choice. You will be asked to write an essay about the topic and I will correct it. During the lesson, we will have a discussion about the topic prompted by my questions.
- "Business English" (Small Talk) Learn what to say when you first greet business people and foreign tourists. Written material is provided to help you memorize the useful phrases.
- English Grammar Lesson! (50 min) This class focuses on learning English grammar and any questions you may have!
- Students! Homework Help? This lesson is customized to help you complete any kind of English assignment for Elementary, Junior High, High School, University, and ESL material.
- Proofreading Lesson #3 (Up to 1200 words!) I will proofread any written English! For example, diaries, emails, blogs, journals, exam preparation, research papers, presentations, office documents, etc. Anything is okay! Communication through email. -- No Skype meeting.
- Proofreading Lesson #2 (Up to 500 words!) This is a Non-Skype Lesson. I will be happy to proofread and revise any materials written in English. I provide detailed notes to explain why I made the changes! Up to 500 words!
- "Real Life English" (Bank, Pharmacy, Doctor's Office) Did you want to learn about vocabulary going to real-life situations? Let's pretend to visit a restaurant, pharmacy, bank, doctor's visit, shopping, traveling, etc.
- "Role Play in English" (Any situation is welcome!) Would you like to practice for an "English Speaking Interview?" We can perform role-play about any conversation or situation that you prefer. (Eg: restaurant etiquette, teacher-parent school conference, traveling abroad, medical visits, etc.)
- Reading Lesson: "Phantom of the Opera" (5-Value Pack) Let's read an "Easy Reader" short book together and every week I will quiz you on the material that you read! Doesn't that sound like fun?
- "American Christmas: Song, Traditions, and Vocabularies" In your country, have you ever wondered what Christmas is really about? Has the Christmas celebration simply become an excuse to have a party and exchange gifts? Then, this the lesson for you!
- "Manga" English (30 minutes) This is an innovative way to study English using "Manga" (cartoon) style! This lesson is for beginners and intermediate English learners!
- "Guinness Book of World Records" Lesson This lesson is meant to help you improve your English reading, comprehension, and problem-solving skills. If you like brain teasers, this is the lesson for you!
- "World's Famous Couples!" Happy Valentine's Day! Have you ever wondered who the 15 most famous couples are throughout history? This fascinating and intriguing lesson is a fun and interesting way to study English. Come find out who fell passionately in love!
- Easy Reader Series - "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata This is one of my "Easy Reader Series" - You will read the classic Japanese short novel called "The Izu Dancer" by Yasunari Kawabata. I will ask you questions about what you've read after each chapter! It will be fun!
Feedback from students
Ayame sensei's lessons are always very helpful for me. Before each lesson, she revised my document so we don't have waste time. Effective, enthusiastic and professional. I can't do my job without her help!!! Thank you so much!! I always appreciate you!!!
That was fun. See you next time. Thank You!!!!!!
9才の娘の、はじめてのレッスンでした。 絵本を使って、色や動物の名前などをクイズ形式でトークしたり、住んでいるエリアについて質問してくださったり、学校でのことを聞いてくださるなど、子供の目線にあわせて優しくレッスンしてくださいました。 娘も楽しかったようで、また受講したいと言ってます。