Idiom of the Day
Figurative and Functional One Point English Lessons
Students are introduced to an idiomatic phrase and given examples of how the phrase can be used in natural contexts. Students can ask questions about the phrase and are challenged to explore appropriate opportunities to use figurative language.
Lessons offered by this tutor
- Cup of Coffee English Casual conversation practice to keep up and brush up on English conversations skills
- Words Your Way Balanced approach to improving literacy skills
- English for Fun Flexible conversation classes
- English for Moms and Kids Everyday English phrases for moms and kids.
- Academic Writing in English Help understand the mistakes you make in order to not make them in the future.
- Idiom of the Day Figurative and Functional One Point English Lessons
- Talking with Teens Conversation classes for middle school and high school students
- English for Traveling Practice learning and using English phrases which will make life easier when you travel abroad.
- Feed me English! Share my hunger for English!
- Sports Chat Impossible is Nothing
- English and Mass Media Using written English to practice all skills
- Grammar Nerds Have a grammar question and need clarification?
- Well Said Pronunciation Assessment and Practice
- the PROOF of the pudding "In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made proof-readers." Mark Twain- 1893
Feedback from students
いつも楽しくレッスンをしていただいています。レッスン後にレッスンで扱ったイディオムの例文を送ってくれるので、復習にとても役立っています。レベルに合わせてレッスンを進めてくれます。オススメの先生です:) Every lesson,he motivates me to study English more. Thank you so much,Nate!!!