USMLE STEP 2 CS Cases/Patient Encounters Practice
Role-plays for doctors, in preparation for patient encounters in the USMLE Step 2 CS
This course provides role-play practice sessions for the patient encounters / cases of the USMLE Step 2 CS The physician is expected to take an accurate history with appropriate probing questions. The tutor, as the standardized patient, shall provide symptoms and other information which the doctor shall use in order to come up with differential diagnoses, test recommendations, etc. The sessions also aim to train the doctor's soft skills (for instance, in presenting less-than-favorable diagnoses, results, prognosis i.e. delivering bad news, giving reassurance, etc.)
Language Goals: To simplify medical jargon, effectively use standard language in communicating with patients, to enhance soft skills (in relation to bedside manners & interpersonal interactions)
Patient encounters are taken from 5 books. Most clients prefer to use First Aid.
Primary Textbooks - First Aid and Kaplan Core (The tutor is using the 4th and 3rd editions, respectively.)
At the moment, 289 cases are available in total -
Book 1 - 44 encounters (First Aid, 4th Edition)
Book 2 - 43 encounters (Kaplan Core, 3rd Ed. w/recent changes)
Book 3 - 18 encounters
Book 4 - 53 encounters
Book 5 - 30 encounters
Book 6 - 40 encounters
Book 7 - 61 encounters (w/o checklists)
Separate* Cases for specific areas:
46 Cases in Pediatrics (infants, children, and teenagers)
60 Cases in Psychiatry (Mental Status Changes, Psychoses, Mood Disorders, Eating Disorders, etc. *More uncommon conditions are unlikely to appear in the test. Only typical scenarios will be chosen.)
(It is okay if you don't have the exact edition. The difference isn't so great. There are only three additional cases in the 4th edition of FA compared to the 3rd edition, for example.)
Target for each class: 3-4 cases
Lessons offered by this tutor
- By Special Request special requests: MBA mock interview, poster presentation, academic English, English for business meetings
- ENGLISH-IN-THE-NEWS (video+reading+discussion) This course integrates speaking, listening, & reading exercises to maximize learning.
- 50-minute Free-form Conversations (Chat in English) Talk about anything under the sun, and I'll guide you with tips and corrections.
- Legal Themes (30-day Pack) a 4-session lesson pack of Legal Themes and Case Discussions valid for 30 days
- Mock Interviews for MBA Program Aspirants 4 sessions valid for 30 days
- Customized Lessons for TKMD Customized for a specific student-client
- Collocations-In-Use (Intermediate) Increase fluency, sound more natural, know your idioms and phrasal verbs. Take it a step further and know collocations.
- Free-form Conversations (Chat in English) Talk about anything under the sun :)
- USMLE STEP 2 CS Cases/Patient Encounters Practice Role-plays for doctors, in preparation for patient encounters in the USMLE Step 2 CS
- Patient Encounters and Clinical Case Scenarios (30-day Lesson Pack) a 4-session lesson pack of Patient Encounters and Clinical Case Scenarios valid for 30 days
- Phrasal Verbs in Use (Advanced) for Upper Intermediate to Advanced Levels
- Customized Session for TK-san customized for a specific student-client
- Legal Themes and Cases - A Discussion Course Discussions based on articles from the National Law Review as well as other Law Journals
- IELTS Speaking Module Practice Prepare for the IELTS speaking module, hone your skills for the interview
- Phrasal Verbs in Use (Intermediate) for Lower Intermediate to Intermediate Levels
- English for Nurses (Patient Scenarios: Encounters and Interviews) a customized course of lessons
- Reel English (TV) Watch and Learn.
- English Sessions: A Baker's Dozen for 90 days a 90-day Lesson Pack with a Baker's Dozen for Conversations, Discussions, News, Current Events